Question About Pioneer Avic-d2 And Lexus Cd Changer

I have a 99 Lexus ES 300 and I was interested in purchasing the Pioneer AVIC-D2 and I wanted to know if the system will operate with the glovebox CD changer?

post-1629-1153274598_thumb.jpg

I have a 99 Lexus ES 300 and I was interested in purchasing the Pioneer AVIC-D2 and I wanted to know if the system will operate with the glovebox CD changer?

yesi can modify it to work with any pioneer p series headunit which avic n seires are pseries ibus for changer which means there is a blue 10 pin squarish port on the avic brain to plug in a changer. heres pictures of the changer with the pioneer pcb board changed to work on aftermarket pioneer, the headunit under the changer is pioneer pbus just like avic ni n2 n3 d1 d2. the lexus changer was made in japan not third world countries like the new pioneer aftermarket changers which means many years of high end cd music.

post-1629-1153274576_thumb.jpg

post-1629-1153274646_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...

yesi can modify it to work with any pioneer p series headunit which avic n seires are pseries ibus for changer which means there is a blue 10 pin squarish port on the avic brain to plug in a changer. heres pictures of the changer with the pioneer pcb board changed to work on aftermarket pioneer, the headunit under the changer is pioneer pbus just like avic ni n2 n3 d1 d2. the lexus changer was made in japan not third world countries like the new pioneer aftermarket changers which means many years of high end cd music.

Sorry to bump this, but can such be done with an Avic X710BT? It's still a pioneer and I'd like to install it in my '01 ES with the stock 6 disc Pioneer changer.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this, but can such be done with an Avic X710BT? It's still a pioneer and I'd like to install it in my '01 ES with the stock 6 disc Pioneer changer.

yesd if avic brainn box still has a squarish 10 pin cd changer port than convesion can be done to your still high end 6 disc chANGER. THEY DONT MAKE THAT GOOD A CHANGER ANYMORE. the converson pcb board has latest cd changer ability to name song etc.