Top Gear

Rx330driver

I dont know if anybody enjoys watching car show/reviews but there is this great show called Top Gear that airs in Britain (dont confuse with 5th gear). There are mainly three guys, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May (look for the newer ones) and they go around testing exotic cars or even regular cars and they do it with humor, it really is hillarious. All you have to do is go to youtube.com and search for top gear. Anyways i encourage you to watch it becasue they have special projects (one of which is a contest to see who can make the best amphibious car, and they go test it out) and sometimes they have races, where one person drives and the other two take other means of transportation. THey test mercedes/ferraris/lotus/ anything except Lexus, and ive always wondered why.

Finally, today somebody posted a lexus review...and im sorry to say they gave it a bad one. but dont let this discourage you from watching the show. btw they tested the SC430.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxL_bjtgHjY

hope you enjoy it

There's not a chance I'd watch that show because I hate Jeremy Clarkson. He's got the right to say what he wants, but I'll be damned if I'm going to listen to him talk trash about America, and then watch his TV show. No way.

well...i would say he is pretty humorous, and its not like he picks on the americans, thought there are many remarks about the cars we drive...you just gotta brush them off. He does add a touch of humor when hes driving cars, i find it funny...he does it to the french too...but who doesnt :P

I'm not talking about what he says on the show (I think I have seen an episode or two (this one was pretty boring because he obviously doesn't know how to drive in mud since his segment on the LR3 was not so much about the car as it was him waiting to get pulled out of the mud.) before he opened his big mouth too much.). He is a columnist too, and I am not going to support someone's show/column/etc. if they are going to write uncalled for trash like this (mind you this is only one quote from this article, there is plenty more idiotic stuff written.): "America may have given the world the space shuttle and, er, condensed milk, but behind the veneer of civilization most Americans barely have the brains to walk on their back legs."

I hate public figures who use their status to move their agendas or share their opinions on things they don't have any authority to do so (Hey Leo, and how long did you go to school to become an expert on global warming?). He's got every right to say what he wants, and I have every right to not tune in to his show or read his columns. It's an easy problem to get past.

Hi,

Dont take it to heart what Clarkson says,he does it to get a reaction and it looks like he got one if your talking about him.He upsets nearly everyone over here in the uk at some point :D

He has something to say about everything :rolleyes::lol:

The show must be doing something right as on another channel they have 5th Gear,a week later they nearly always copy something from the show.

Heres some links for Topgear if you enjoy the Show.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=top+gear

http://www.topgear.com/

Chips..

Dont take it to heart what Clarkson says,he does it to get a reaction and it looks like he got one if your talking about him.He upsets nearly everyone over here in the uk at some point :D

He has something to say about everything :rolleyes::lol:

blake, you have to admit, we have plenty of these types in our media circus, too.

steviej

blake, you have to admit, we have plenty of these types in our media circus, too.

steviej

Oh yeah, no argument on that one, but I'm not reading/watching their articles/shows either. Their is no doubt that he's looking for publicity, but I'm going to see him one better and never watch his show and tell everyone I know about what this chump does. Will it make a difference in the life of Jeremy Clarkson? I really doubt it, but at least, I'll be practicing what I preach! LOL I used to love listening to Green Day until they started sharing their policitical beliefs with us via their lyrics. Good-bye Green Day.

:cheers:

steviej

Oh yeah, no argument on that one, but I'm not reading/watching their articles/shows either. Their is no doubt that he's looking for publicity, but I'm going to see him one better and never watch his show and tell everyone I know about what this chump does. Will it make a difference in the life of Jeremy Clarkson? I really doubt it, but at least, I'll be practicing what I preach! LOL I used to love listening to Green Day until they started sharing their policitical beliefs with us via their lyrics. Good-bye Green Day.

:cheers:

I admire your integrity. :cheers: