Special Order On Is 250

Hey Guys,

I live in Washington state and had ordered a new IS 250 with Sports Pkg 3/28/06. Originally, the dealer said it would take at least 60-90 days to get the vehicle because it was a special order. Today, my sales person emailed me and said that they still dont have sight on the arrival date of the car. Is this normal?? How long did you guys needed to wait for a specific color/pkg that was not available at the lot?

eager and annoyed

Hey Guys,

I live in Washington state and had ordered a new IS 250 with Sports Pkg 3/28/06. Originally, the dealer said it would take at least 60-90 days to get the vehicle because it was a special order. Today, my sales person emailed me and said that they still dont have sight on the arrival date of the car. Is this normal?? How long did you guys needed to wait for a specific color/pkg that was not available at the lot?

eager and annoyed

Wife & I also special ordered an IS250 with 6 speed manual tranz & sports package

We too were quoted 90 days .. we actually had to wait about 150 days (almost 5 months)

We missed the special order cut off - all special orders are placed at the end of the month. We ordered last week of Jan and missed the Jan ordering (it's 3rd week of month) so our order did not go in till feb.

Call the dealer and politely ask for the customer service manager. He/She sould be able to e mail Lexus corporate and get an allocation date or at lease more info than the sales person has. Once allocated, you will have a VIN and then it's only a week or so from then till you get the car.

Good Luck

BTW .. we are in So Cal

I'm looking for an IS250 AWD w/ Nav/ML/Lux packages.

It also is a special order.

My dealer in MA told me it would be a 4-5 month wait, since it's a package not currently in production.

That news caused me to wait for the 07's to arrive.

If it's a special order that needs to be built outside of current 'normal production', the 4-5 month wait is normal.

If it's an order that is available but not currently in US stock, the wait is 60-90 days.

Your dealer should be able to tell you what the approx wait time is.

Hey Guys,

eager and annoyed

Wife & I also special ordered an IS250 with 6 speed manual tranz & sports package

We too were quoted 90 days .. we actually had to wait about 150 days (almost 5 months)

We missed the special order cut off - all special orders are placed at the end of the month. We ordered last week of Jan and missed the Jan ordering (it's 3rd week of month) so our order did not go in till feb.

Call the dealer and politely ask for the customer service manager. He/She sould be able to e mail Lexus corporate and get an allocation date or at lease more info than the sales person has. Once allocated, you will have a VIN and then it's only a week or so from then till you get the car.

Good Luck

BTW .. we are in So Cal

Hi Benzoserviceguy,

Thanks for the info! Was the sports pkg worth the wait? I had test driven the RWD but not the one with the lowered suspension. Did you notice a change in ride quality with the lowered vehicle or did you feel you got more noticeable control when cornering? I chose the sports pkg for the tighter suspension, HIDS and 18inc weelies.

Anybod else have comments on the sports pkg?

Thanks

P

this probably wont help you, but im just curious as to why the IS seems to have so many "special orders" and packages that they dont necessarily have. For my Rx330, i had to wait a week because it was already on a boat coming over, it had everything i wanted. Lexus seemed to have produced every possible combination out there and let me choose it, either that or i have a very generic human mind. I have never had to wait for a car i wanted, that is why i am so surprised as to why they arent getting more vehicals out here

Hey Guys,

eager and annoyed

Good Luck

BTW .. we are in So Cal

Hi Benzoserviceguy,

Thanks for the info! Was the sports pkg worth the wait? I had test driven the RWD but not the one with the lowered suspension. Did you notice a change in ride quality with the lowered vehicle or did you feel you got more noticeable control when cornering? I chose the sports pkg for the tighter suspension, HIDS and 18inc weelies.

Thanks

P

P Low:

Yeah .. we like the lowered ride and stiffer suspension.

Have not really gotten on it yet as it only has 779 miles. Waiting till after 1,500 to open it up a little more.

We have been shifting at about 4 - 5K (sometimes even wind it up to 5.5) and man does that engine sound sweeet!

I also wanted the sports pak for the goodies - HID, 18" "stainless steel" trim (I'm not a big wood venner fan)

heated & vented seats (awesome especially in the Cali heat), electronic tilt & telescoping steering and the memory seats. It's such a pain in the ^## when the wife takes my Bimmer and has to adjust the seats (they are manual); it then takes me a few days to get it "just right" again. What a life saver!!

And yes, when I throw it in a corner, it corners like it's on rails - but again, I have not yet pushed it .. it's still being broken in ('cause we bought it CASH (compliments of the cali real estate mkt).., no leasing here!!

Did you contact the dealer's customer service person yet?

by my "calculations", you should xpect your car the last week of July or 1st week of August

(order went in in April .. 3 months = July + "delay time" = August

Good Luck and keep us posted on the status

Hey Guys,

eager and annoyed

Good Luck

BTW .. we are in So Cal

Hi Benzoserviceguy,

Thanks

P

P Low:

Have not really gotten on it yet as it only has 779 miles. Waiting till after 1,500 to open it up a little more.

We have been shifting at about 4 - 5K (sometimes even wind it up to 5.5) and man does that engine sound sweeet!

I also wanted the sports pak for the goodies - HID, 18" "stainless steel" trim (I'm not a big wood venner fan)

heated & vented seats (awesome especially in the Cali heat), electronic tilt & telescoping steering and the memory seats. It's such a pain in the ^## when the wife takes my Bimmer and has to adjust the seats (they are manual); it then takes me a few days to get it "just right" again. What a life saver!!

And yes, when I throw it in a corner, it corners like it's on rails - but again, I have not yet pushed it .. it's still being broken in ('cause we bought it CASH (compliments of the cali real estate mkt).., no leasing here!!

by my "calculations", you should xpect your car the last week of July or 1st week of August

I think we are on the same page on the decision to get the sports pkg. (Im not crazy about the wood trim either) I spoke to the dealer and basically he said that most of the vehicles that are allocated to WA are IS 250 AWD or 350s. As well, the type of vehicles built have been decided upon for the whole year. Any deviation from manufacturing is considered a "Special Order." (Manufacturing dictates Marketing) He's a nice guy but I just want my car. Coincidently, he told me that I could get the IS 350 w/ sports pkg and navi if I put in another 7K...kinda peculiar how they would get this vehicle before mine when this car would deviate from their norm allocation. I'll keep you posted bud!

regards

P

this probably wont help you, but im just curious as to why the IS seems to have so many "special orders" and packages that they dont necessarily have. For my Rx330, i had to wait a week because it was already on a boat coming over, it had everything i wanted. Lexus seemed to have produced every possible combination out there and let me choose it, either that or i have a very generic human mind. I have never had to wait for a car i wanted, that is why i am so surprised as to why they arent getting more vehicals out here

I didn't know what came in my car bcz I bought it the first week it came out, and was completely ready to get rid of my BMW. So far I am very happy with everything that's in it. It has a lot more than the BMW had!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

eager and annoyed

Good Luck

BTW .. we are in So Cal

Which dealer did you purchase from?

I am in Arizona and the dealers I have been talking to claim not only that they cannot order me this same vehicle, but that there has NEVER been one built like this.

I am talking about a 250 Manual Transmission with a SPORTS PACKAGE. I also want Nav and XM, but the Sports package is what I am concerned about the most. They tell me it has NEVR happened and it will NEVER happen. Can you believe this? I tell them I have talked to people who have them (referring to forums etc..) and he says, "they must be mistaking, ..there has NEVER been a Sport Package on ANY IS 250, EVER" Ugh!!! I am unbelievably angry. I have never even imagined of having such a difficult time buying a car.

If you do have a Manual and the Sports Package.. do you have the window sticker still, or something that shows the options on your car, even something that says you special ordered?? I have spent so much time arguing with these guys and they are so terribly rude... I would love to probe these idiots wrong, with any sort of proof anyone may have about this car.

I appreciate any help I can get!! Thanks!!

PS.. I ask about the dealer because I'm considering ordering one in So Cal if necessary and picking it up. But the prices seem to skyrocket out there...... It would be worth a try tho!! Thanks...

Hey Guys,

eager and annoyed

Good Luck

BTW .. we are in So Cal

I am in Arizona and the dealers I have been talking to claim not only that they cannot order me this same vehicle, but that there has NEVER been one built like this.

I am talking about a 250 Manual Transmission with a SPORTS PACKAGE. I also want Nav and XM, but the Sports package is what I am concerned about the most. They tell me it has NEVR happened and it will NEVER happen. Can you believe this? I tell them I have talked to people who have them (referring to forums etc..) and he says, "they must be mistaking, ..there has NEVER been a Sport Package on ANY IS 250, EVER" Ugh!!! I am unbelievably angry. I have never even imagined of having such a difficult time buying a car.

If you do have a Manual and the Sports Package.. do you have the window sticker still, or something that shows the options on your car, even something that says you special ordered?? I have spent so much time arguing with these guys and they are so terribly rude... I would love to probe these idiots wrong, with any sort of proof anyone may have about this car.

PS.. I ask about the dealer because I'm considering ordering one in So Cal if necessary and picking it up. But the prices seem to skyrocket out there...... It would be worth a try tho!! Thanks...

MEQIS250,

My understanding is you can mix n match most packages with both Trim lines. If they dont have it in the lot then they can special order it for you. Im getting the is250 with sports pkg....it took about 4 months but my dealer said it should be in in about 2 more weeks. Tell your dealer to check out this forum if he still questions you. Your dealer may be trying to make a quick sale by persuading you to buy a vehicle from his/hers current allocation or may truly be a dumb-!Removed!.

P

Hey Guys,

eager and annoyed

Good Luck

BTW .. we are in So Cal

MEQIS250,

My understanding is you can mix n match most packages with both Trim lines. If they dont have it in the lot then they can special order it for you. Im getting the is250 with sports pkg....it took about 4 months but my dealer said it should be in in about 2 more weeks. Tell your dealer to check out this forum if he still questions you. Your dealer may be trying to make a quick sale by persuading you to buy a vehicle from his/hers current allocation or may truly be a dumb-!Removed!.

P

Well, I spoke to a Southern California dealer yesterday. They too confirmed what my dealers in Arizona told me. They CAN NOT order an IS 250 with those specs. They said the same thing about how they DO NOT and WILL NOT produce the 250 with a sports package, let alone the manual transmission 250. It seems as though the manual trans is in very limited supply as it is. I have been told by several dealers that the 250 manual is ONLY offered with 2 trim's.. Premium, and Premium With Nav. The only way I want this car is the way I have mentioned. I absolutely cannot stand the "birds eye" interior and I want the options in the sports package, and those options ONLY. I also want Nav as I mentioned. I am beyond frustrated and angry at this point. I continue to hear that people have ordered this car and that it is possible, but no matter who I talk to, at any dealer, I hear that it is not possible... As I said before, does anyone have any proof of this? A window sticker, some special order form or anything? I am also interested in what dealers you are being able to order these from? I will call anywhere!! Also..... is there an upcharge for having one special ordered? Are you paying window sticker price.. more or less? Thanks for the info!!

Well, I spoke to a Southern California dealer yesterday. They too confirmed what my dealers in Arizona told me. They CAN NOT order an IS 250 with those specs. They said the same thing about how they DO NOT and WILL NOT produce the 250 with a sports package, let alone the manual transmission 250. It seems as though the manual trans is in very limited supply as it is. I have been told by several dealers that the 250 manual is ONLY offered with 2 trim's.. Premium, and Premium With Nav. The only way I want this car is the way I have mentioned. I absolutely cannot stand the "birds eye" interior and I want the options in the sports package, and those options ONLY. I also want Nav as I mentioned. I am beyond frustrated and angry at this point. I continue to hear that people have ordered this car and that it is possible, but no matter who I talk to, at any dealer, I hear that it is not possible... As I said before, does anyone have any proof of this? A window sticker, some special order form or anything? I am also interested in what dealers you are being able to order these from? I will call anywhere!! Also..... is there an upcharge for having one special ordered? Are you paying window sticker price.. more or less? Thanks for the info!!

Join the "Waiting for the '07s" club

;)

P

have you considered just getting an IS350 with the sport and nav? im not positive on the difference in cost, but if they ever get the 250 with sport, chances are you will be paying MSRP. I was able to get about 2K off MSRP on an IS 350. So of course you would be spending about a few thousand more, but then you would end up with a 350.

:D

I know that in June I ordered a 2006, silver, manual, heated seats, nav, and 18" wheels from a dealer in OKC and they told me it would be about 90-120 days and that mine would definately be an 07. I dont know what the dealers are talking about when they tell you that you cannot order an 06 or even an 07. My dealer said they are just trying to get ppl to buy what they can order or already have faster. I would tell them what you want and order that.

BTW I am new to the forum....this is my first post. Cannot wait to get my car.

Hey Guys,

eager and annoyed

Good Luck

BTW .. we are in So Cal

MEQIS250,

P

DUDE:

TOTAL CRAP

The reason I know it's CRAP?!

I OWN an 06 IS 250 with 6 speed MT & Sports Pak!! (no nav or ml though)

It is available, and it can be ordered.

Your dealer want to sell what they see, not see what they can sell you.

Our order took 4.5 to 5 months start to finish.

All special orders get placed the 3rd week of the month. We placed our order at the end of January 06, which meant the order did not get to LEXUS HQ until last week of Feb. Then it is SUPPOSTED to be 90 days +/- until the car arrives at the port or at the dealer. Unfortunately, we had a few weeks of delay but it was worth it in the end.

Here is what you do to get the car you want:

Sit down with the fleet or internet sales person, ask them to run a national inquiry (they first need to search by specific regions: East, West, South, Midwest) for an IS 250 manual tranz (DO NOT ADD SPECIFIC OPTIONS LIKE SPORTS PAK OR NAV OR ML leave the options window blank). MAKE SURE THEY LEAVE THE ZONES AREA BLANK as well. You want to first search by REGION. In each region (which will include ALL Zones within that region) it will show how many manual IS 250's are heading to the dealers. At the top of the list will be the strippers, at the bottom of the list will be the ones with options. Have the salesperson scroll to the bottom and have them look at the options displayed. You are looking for the options: ST (sports pak) NV (nav) ML (mark levinson)

make sure they do this in front of you so they don't BS you.

If nothing comes up, that means that a MT 250 w/ sports pak is not heading to a dealer.

When I did this with my salesperson, I found a 250 w/ MT, Sports & Nav located in Conneticut.

We decided to order ours without NAV

And yes, I do have the window sticker and I can fax it to you ... just give me your fax #

If you still reach dead ends, I can always give you my guys name & number & he WILL order it for you (gave us 2K off of sticker)

I am located in SO CAL (LA area)

Good luck dude!!

IT CAN BE DONE!!!!

I just browsed through the my.is 250 owners forum and did not find any 250's with sport package.

Like I said b4

We gots 1

MT

Sports Pak

Want the window sticker?

I'll fax it to ANY1 who wants/needs it

just gimme the fax #

Or call my guy at Lexus of valencia in So cal

ask for Jeff in the internet dept

he'll do it 4 U

We got 2K off sticker (had to wait almost 5 months)

WORTH IT

Hey Guys,

eager and annoyed

Good Luck

BTW .. we are in So Cal

Hi Benzoserviceguy,

Thanks

P

P Low:

BenzoServiceGuy,

You were exactly right on the ETA...im suppose to get the vehicle in 2 weeks.

Thanks,

P