'93 Tranny Problem?

I just installed a used tranny to replace my failed one (burnt clutches). This one shifts great from 2 to overdrive and back but the shift from 1-2 and 2-1 is rough. Also too much time passes for the 1-2 shift (even when in manual mode). I'm about to investigate my tranny and front engine mounts for wear. The dogbone is definitely shot. I've already checked for tranny codes. There are none with engine cold.

After running for a while today my O/D light started flashing once every 2-3 secs until I shut the engine off. When I disengaged the O/D the car shifted to third gear quite smoothly. And shifted to O/D when I reengaged the O/D button. There is no other problem with the tranny. No smell of burnt fluids. There is no leak nor is the level too high or too low.

I'm thinking should I:

1. check for stored tranny codes wth the engine (and tranny fluid warmed up. Would this really make a difference?? )

2. consider replacing speed sensors

3. consider replacing shift solenoids

4. replace dogbone mount

5. think about torque convertor issues

Any help much appreciated!!

After running for a while today my O/D light started flashing once every 2-3 secs until I shut the engine off.

Get the troublecode. Sounds like an intermittant solenoid, or a speed sensor problem.

• 9 months later...
After running for a while today my O/D light started flashing once every 2-3 secs until I shut the engine off.

Get the troublecode. Sounds like an intermittant solenoid, or a speed sensor problem.

Well I got this fixed by changing the shift solenoids. But now it's returned. btw when I removed the former solenoids and checked them they were all working fine. So when I got a code 63 last week I decided to just swap the former #2 solenoid back in. Now I've got both a #63, and a #62. Indicating that both solenoids are bad.

Could this be due an ECM problem?

Should I try flushing could this help???..I doubt it since I changed the fluid when I swapped the #2 solenoid this time.

Any thoughts??