Anyone Have Pictures? Who Got Caught With Illegal Tint?

Hey, Does anyone have any pictures of an 06' IS with tint? Please post them if you do, and post what kind of tint it is and what percent. Is it true that the light and dark tint both block out the same amount of UV rays and they both cut the same amount of heat? And does anyone know if llumar tint is good? I can't decide either to get the legal or the 15 percent, does the 15 percent give alot of reflection when looking into the mirriors? And is it hard to see at night? And how many of you have been caught and prosecuted over illegal tint?

Having tint too dark is a real pain in the !Removed! to see out of at night even with legal limit tints.

30% is a good number unless you really need the privacy then do 20 but 15 is just black. LLumar is a good film.

Lumar is good. Go with that, or 3M. :)

Thanks, at first I had planned to get the 3M but turns out my dad knows a guy that does tinting and he is hooking me up with a great price but he uses the Lumar film. But Iam glad to hear that it is a good film!!!!!!!! :D

Hey, Does anyone have any pictures of an 06' IS with tint? Please post them if you do, and post what kind of tint it is and what percent. Is it true that the light and dark tint both block out the same amount of UV rays and they both cut the same amount of heat? And does anyone know if llumar tint is good? I can't decide either to get the legal or the 15 percent, does the 15 percent give alot of reflection when looking into the mirriors? And is it hard to see at night? And how many of you have been caught and prosecuted over illegal tint?

We're in So Cal. Our IS 250 got 20% on the rear (rear window, side window & 1/4 glass) and 40% on the 2 front side windows.

The tint guy recommended that we do the 40% and no darker on the front because it is almost illegal - the cops can still see you & see if you are wearing a seat belt or not, It's pretty ironic that while we were there having the tint done, an off duty LAPD officer was there as well having her windows done.

She actually commented that LAPD really don't look that hard @ tint but the CHP are FINATICAL about the tint being too dark. To them, it's their saftey possibly in jeopardy. If they "pinch" you, it's not just a fix it tix, you need to have the tint removed (at YOUR xpense) and then have it signed off by an officer. She said the best was to get the 40% on the front and if you're given a hassle tell the officer that this was the way it came from the dealer/factory (ie: that it is STANDARD)

BTW .. the tint on the Madator Mica Red with G Spyders is sweeeet lookin'

SMOOKIN'

• 2 weeks later...

Having tint too dark is a real pain in the !Removed! to see out of at night even with legal limit tints.

30% is a good number unless you really need the privacy then do 20 but 15 is just black. LLumar is a good film.

im getting my car tinted soon and im going dark, i have an excursion with 5% in the front and 2% in the back, you get use to it after a while and once you do you cant go back :D

5% in the front? Hope you hit a tree all by yourself and don't hurt anybody else. Thats just irresponsible.

thats just wrong to say (HYD) :chairshot: , i have tvs and high end stuff and because of some people i need to have dark tint so no one sees the things inside and is tempted to steal them. it happend to many times.

Also its just a show truck and only goes to shows. I dont drive it anywhere else thats why i had to buy another car and when i drive to the shows the windows are down (wind visors the best invention to keep the rain out)

i didnt say im going to get 5% anyway and its illegal only because some people use the dark tint for the wrong reasons. Not because you cant see out of it.

• 4 months later...

We're in So Cal. Our IS 250 got 20% on the rear (rear window, side window & 1/4 glass) and 40% on the 2 front side windows.

The tint guy recommended that we do the 40% and no darker on the front because it is almost illegal - the cops can still see you & see if you are wearing a seat belt or not, It's pretty ironic that while we were there having the tint done, an off duty LAPD officer was there as well having her windows done.

She actually commented that LAPD really don't look that hard @ tint but the CHP are FINATICAL about the tint being too dark. To them, it's their saftey possibly in jeopardy. If they "pinch" you, it's not just a fix it tix, you need to have the tint removed (at YOUR xpense) and then have it signed off by an officer. She said the best was to get the 40% on the front and if you're given a hassle tell the officer that this was the way it came from the dealer/factory (ie: that it is STANDARD)

BTW .. the tint on the Madator Mica Red with G Spyders is sweeeet lookin'

SMOOKIN'

Benzoserviceguy,

Where did you have your car tinted? Anybody know a good place in SoCal to get it done? Thanks all!

Well, FWIW, anything darker than 30% in Washington state is illegal on the front windows. The back...you can do whatever you want. SUV's and minivans come with 5% from the factory. Reflective tint is also illegal on the front windows in this state.

I had reflective tint on my front windows on my last car, had it for FOUR years, got pulled over twice for speeding, and the trooper never mentioned it.

Was NEVER an issue seeing out. Why would car manufacturers put such dark tint on the rear windows if it was?

I'm thinking of putting 20% all the way around on my new Subaru wagon, and my wife will probably do the same on her new IS.