Oh No, Not Another Rattle

Rx330driver

I have this annoying little rattle in my 2004 rx330 that i was wondering if anybody else had. I can hear it every second im on the freeway and when i go over bumps in the road. It seems to be coming from the light/sunroof panel on top of the dash. Its really bugging me, and i hipe that lexus can resolve it the next time i go in. Warrantly expires in less than 900 miles. not even 3 years and already at 50K. So does anybody else hear or have heard of this rattle? :angry:

I have this annoying little rattle in my 2004 rx330 that i was wondering if anybody else had. I can hear it every second im on the freeway and when i go over bumps in the road. It seems to be coming from the light/sunroof panel on top of the dash. Its really bugging me, and i hipe that lexus can resolve it the next time i go in. Warrantly expires in less than 900 miles. not even 3 years and already at 50K. So does anybody else hear or have heard of this rattle? :angry:

I dont have this particular rattle, but the 2004 sure did have its rattles! ha I have pretty much given up asking them to fix the rattles, which often get worse when they pull the dash (which usually causes other damage to the interior). My loudest and most annoying rattle is over the passenger air vent, and its almost continuous. I've never bought a new car before with so many quality control flaws and recalls/service safety campaignsm, and i'm just about ready to sell it and try a different brand. :(

I dont have this particular rattle, but the 2004 sure did have its rattles! ha I have pretty much given up asking them to fix the rattles, which often get worse when they pull the dash (which usually causes other damage to the interior). My loudest and most annoying rattle is over the passenger air vent, and its almost continuous. I've never bought a new car before with so many quality control flaws and recalls/service safety campaignsm, and i'm just about ready to sell it and try a different brand. :(

:( From my experience, there is a fix for this particular rattle problem. If you keep looking through the archives, you'll probably find it. My RX 330 had a similar rattle. I took it in and they took care of it for me. You might want to try another dealer if it's not too far.

The other day, i had a 06 loaner 330, and something was annoyingly rattling in the back, maybe coming from the rear door. :blink::wacko:

I just had a rattle fixed that was coming from the cargo cover track on the passenger side.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but way too many rattles for a car of this class. I could swear my Honda CRV had less.

I'm hesitant to get the dash rattle fixed as I'm concerned about any interior damage removing and re-installing the dash. I keep hoping the rattle will just go away.

The RX, ever since, was kinda known for rattles. Back in my RX300, I had a commonly known glove box rattle, and I took that into the dealer to get it fixed. The dealer TEMPORARILY fixed it, and caused a whole new rattle, which was coming from somewhere inside the dash. :chairshot:

The CRV is a pretty good vehicle with good quality at its price. I haven't really used my CRV (because it's in the PHilippines and I'm in CAli) but everytime i use it there, there seems to be very minor rattles in it. It only has 10k kilometers. Only bad thing that's happened to my CRV, is that the rear shocks went bad all of a sudden. They didn't give up on me, but when i drove it there, and the Philippines has a lot of rough asphalt roads, I heard this "creaking" sound coming from the back. Honda dealer told me it was the shocks going bad. Weird, but I didn't really mind it because it is growing old w/o being used regularly. 10k kilometers, 9 years old, a little over 1k kilometers a year! :wacko: I wish I could trade the odyssey and the CRV, so the odyssey wouldn't be used much and I could squeeze out the juice from the crv. lol :P