Obd1 Error Code 13 On 92 Sc400?

Hi Folks, timing belt blew while driving, replaced water pump and belt but engine is running rough while accelerating even though timing is bang on. I ran the codes and came up with code 13. Some charts say distributor circuit and some say rpm sensor. Is that the camshaft position sensor? It may have been damaged due to the damaged belt flipping around. Any code 13 help will be appreciated!

does the exhaust smell like gas at all?

what would it mean if the exhaust smelled like gas alot. Mine does and my engine light is on and i think its my MAF sensor because when you move the plug it seems to change idle. It idles pretty bad right now and reaks like gas from the exhaust.

I just changed my alternator if that has anything to do with it. I think i pulled a wire loose or something in the maf .

Mine does similar stuff also like kinda rough idle and bucking when accelerating when the engine is cold. after driving a long time and restarting the car would die.

now the engine light is stuck on instead of just coming on every once in a while.

I'm starting to think it may be the spark plugs for my problem. I bought some NGK iridiums on ebay and had the mechanic put them in when he did the water pump and timing belt. Maybe one is mis-gapped or something.

For the MAF, I would check your code that the computer puts out. I have a K&N cone type filter and my air flow meter has been fine.

• 5 years later...

I'm starting to think it may be the spark plugs for my problem. I bought some NGK iridiums on ebay and had the mechanic put them in when he did the water pump and timing belt. Maybe one is mis-gapped or something.

For the MAF, I would check your code that the computer puts out. I have a K&N cone type filter and my air flow meter has been fine.

After replacing of timing belt and water pump I've got the same problem. (How) do you solved that problem??

Regards,

plagadeon