Yellow Indicator Light On

Hi,

There is a yellow indicator light on my front instrument panel that lights up sometimes when I drive (Its a ES250). The symbol is that of a car, with little strokes at the rear end of it. I do not know what the symbol means. It lights up most of the times after I start to drive, but sometimes it stays off. I showed it to the mecahnic, who replaced the parking light bulbs (which were bad). But the problem is still there.

Can someone please let me know what might be the problem.

Thanks.

PS: As a side note, does someone have a list of front instrument panel symbols list and their meanings?

it means a buld is out or the car thinks a bulb is out.

If it only comes on when you step on the brakes then it is a brake light. Don't forget the high mount light.

Sometimes the bulbs aren't bad, it is just the connections are bad. You may have to take out each bulb and reseat them. It may be the bulb makes contact after a bump and then the dash light goes out.

Best thing to do, is look at each light when the dash indicator is on and start there. You should have someone step on the brake and then look, too. Look close at the lens, some high mounts have two bulbs. I don't know what the 250 has.

Basically it is process of elimination.

steviej