Ac Clutch ?

I think my ac clutch might not work...when i turn the ac on in the car the light will flash and the compressor will not engage...i know for sure that the refrigerant is not leaking. tried a new relay that wasnt it. so i got a clutch from a local shop. can anyone tell me some symptoms of a bad ac clutch? i just want to make sure that is what it is . i havnt had much time to put it on this is the reason i am asking i wont be getting to it for about 1 more week....and that is 1 week to long in Florida.

The blinking ac light is due to a compressor revolution sensor not seeing the compressor rotate. Check power to the clutch and spin it buy hand to see if the compressor is seized or the shaft is broken.

well if your clutch was siezed then your car would have a hard time running or would not run because the single belt that drives all the accessories are all connected. what you will have to do if you havent already done so is take the belt off first. spin the outer part (the side the belt touches) if that spins freely then ok, next spin the inside. see if that spins. if id doesnt most likely your compressor is dead. but if the outer side spins, and the inside spins (with some resistance of course) then its possible that its your clutch. or more likely your magnet which engauges the clutch. also check your ac fuse. if its blown then thats another sign that your magnet is shorting or somehow drawing too much current.

I am purchasing a reman. compressor... it is seized. Just curious does anyone know why it would do this? any suggestions. I know it has nothing to do with refrigerant level... i ruled that out when the mechanic told me it was full. any reason as to why this happens ,shed some insight

Compressor and magnetic clutch life can be greatly extended by observing a few rules: 1) Run the AC system at least 5 minutes at least once a week throughout the year, not just in summer. 2) If several days have elapsed since the last time you ran the AC system, turn it on only if the car is at idling speed, not while the engine is spinning fast such as on the freeway. Inside the compressor there are pistons and cylinders just the inside of a car engine and compressor oil drains off critical parts after several days of non operation.