Cheaper Oxygen Sensor?

Hey guys,

Well I'm off to replace my rear manifold (pre cat) 02 sensor to hopefully clear my code P0170. Best price I've gotten so far is the "OEM" Bosch at Autozone for $100. Anyone know where I can find one cheaper? I've done a google search but the cheapest I can seem to find is about $120 or so. Let me know if anyone has any ideas, otherwise I'm off to Autzone. Thanks!

Would you want to buy the cheapest spark plug available? Probably not, because you probably realize how important the spark plugs are for top engine performance and fuel economy. Same thing applies to oxygen sensors.

It's akin to having a thread like this & you not opening your mouth. Because everyone knows it's the exact same thing regardless of what you spew.

In other words....

It's the identical DENSO part, just without the $40 wiring harness that costs them about a penny to make install.

Hey toysrme, are the deminsions extactly the same on the sensor, I mean Length, probe size, etc? I found the Denso universal for 23 dollors and was told not to go that route on this forum. Of course it was EBAy.

It's akin to having a thread like this & you not opening your mouth. Because everyone knows it's the exact same thing regardless of what you spew.

In other words....

It's the identical DENSO part, just without the $40 wiring harness that costs them about a penny to make install.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: ..

In other words....

:lol::lol::lol::lol: ..

Personally I wouldn't want a solder/splice in an oxygen sensor in my lex. With a part like that, I would buy oem. I just don't care for any cut/spliced/soldered wires on my car.

Would you want to buy the cheapest spark plug available? Probably not, because you probably realize how important the spark plugs are for top engine performance and fuel economy. Same thing applies to oxygen sensors.

In response, the reason I'm looking "cheapest" is because I don't plan to keep this car. I bought in in January off of the car lot I work on for just over $3000 and I'm driving it temporarily until I find a sports car that I'd like, then I'm going to "flip" this car and make some money.

If this was my 300zx Twin Turbo you bet your butt I'd buy OEM only, but for my purposes, Its just to clear the check engine light so I can smog and sell it.

In response, the reason I'm looking "cheapest" is because I don't plan to keep this car. I bought in in January off of the car lot I work on for just over $3000 and I'm driving it temporarily until I find a sports car that I'd like, then I'm going to "flip" this car and make some money.

If this was my 300zx Twin Turbo you bet your butt I'd buy OEM only, but for my purposes, Its just to clear the check engine light so I can smog and sell it.

Are you going to disclose that to the buyer ?

Ok I am going to buy one of the Ebay sensors and check it out. I will post when I receive it and give any info that I can get off the sensor.

Hey guys,

Well I'm off to replace my rear manifold (pre cat) 02 sensor to hopefully clear my code P0170. Best price I've gotten so far is the "OEM" Bosch at Autozone for $100. Anyone know where I can find one cheaper? I've done a google search but the cheapest I can seem to find is about $120 or so. Let me know if anyone has any ideas, otherwise I'm off to Autzone. Thanks!

Hey thats the code I got from autozone also, I read on the forums code table that it means the fuel trim etc...so u think my car has faulty oxygen sensors also ? if so where do I go to get it fixed?

Hey guys,

Hey thats the code I got from autozone also, I read on the forums code table that it means the fuel trim etc...so u think my car has faulty oxygen sensors also ? if so where do I go to get it fixed?

Well... I work at a dealer and I took it in to them and they "diagnosed" my P0170 C.E.L. Code as being caused by a "Faulty Mass Airflow Sensor". The problem with that theory, as one forum member pointed out, is that that should set off the code in both banks, not just bank 1 (rear). So that's why, the same forum member pointed out, he suspected the O2 sensor as being the culprit which makes sense as there's two. I figure worst case scenario, its not the 02 sensor and turns out to be the MAF, the 02 sensor is cheaper to be wrong on AND its a maintenance item, where as if I did the MAF first and was wrong, i just wasted some decent cash.

Are you going to disclose that to the buyer ?

Disclose what? That I purchased my 02 sensor at Autozone rather than Lexus? I think you were getting all accusatory without anything to accuse me of.