Problems With My Ac

I have problems with my AC blowing out hot air so last week i took it to the shop and had freon addes to the system, my ac was ice cold until yesterday its back to blowing out hot air again it sounds like I may have leak has anyone else had this problem?

Use of dyes is not recommended by Toyota because Toyota considers dyes to be a system contaminant that could degrade long term system reliability / durability. Toyota has always recommended use of an electronic refrigerant leak detector or (in the old days) a halide torch leak detector. Dealers and most AC shops have an electronic leak detector.

An easy way to prevent refrigerant leaks from ever developing is to simply run the AC system for at least 30 seconds and preferably for 5 minutes or more once every week or two throughout the year, including the winter months.

Techniques known only to the ancients:

Look for an oily dirt accumulation any place on the refrigerant piping and components. Wherever Freon is leaking out, it is carrying compressor oil out with it. The oil attracts and holds dirt at the leak point.