Premium Vs. Lux Package For 250/350?!?

Hi guys, kind of a dumb question here. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 dealers in the LA area have told me that lexus is not shipping 250s equipped with luxury package. 250s come only with the premium package and 350s with either premium or lux. Do i have to get a 350 just to get the lux package.

i value creature comforts over horsepower so i'm a little confused as to why lexus won't make 250s with the lux package.

and it seems like only the lux package includes xenon lights. is this true?

Thanks in advance!

2 dealers in the LA area have told me that lexus is not shipping 250s equipped with luxury package. 250s come only with the premium package and 350s with either premium or lux. Do i have to get a 350 just to get the lux package.

i value creature comforts over horsepower so i'm a little confused as to why lexus won't make 250s with the lux package.

Thanks in advance!

It all depends on where you live.... got to Lexus.com and click on built your own.... try diffrent zip codes... like for example.. up here in Mass... you can get the 250 with the ML package.... but in LA... no dice....

They have the option on lexus.com but it looks like they are not offering the Lux for the 250 RWD right now....

What I find a little ironic is... ML is located in Mass... but you can not get the ML package on any IS... :cries:

Thanks in advance!

It all depends on where you live.... got to Lexus.com and click on built your own.... try diffrent zip codes... like for example.. up here in Mass... you can get the 250 with the ML package.... but in LA... no dice....

They have the option on lexus.com but it looks like they are not offering the Lux for the 250 RWD right now....

What I find a little ironic is... ML is located in Mass... but you can not get the ML package on any IS... :cries:

Thanks in advance!

I live in Seattle and they didnt offer the IS with the sports package but I had requested the dealership to order it for me from Japan. So I think they can get any package but it might take more time and allow u less flexibility when negotiating for the final price. I've been waiting for 10 weeks now...boo!

The Sports packages comes with HID's as well.

I was wondering the same thing about the Lux. package being available on the 250. When I built a 250 on Lexus.com, it said that here in Texas I can't get the Lux. package, but then when I built one on any other website like Edmunds.com or msn autos, it says that I can get the Lux. package on the 250. After all this confusion, I finally went to the closest Lexus dealer to me and a sales rep. said that the Lux. package was available on the 250. I guess I'll find out when i go back to try and order one and see if the dealer can really order a 250 with the Lux package.

We'll see.......

Thanks in advance!

Basically, you can get it.. IF you find a dealer willing to order it and IF you can bear the wait.

I too live in LA and I wanted a manual tranz WITH sports package.

You don't know how much BS & resistance I got. I got answers such as: "They don't build it that way" "No, you cannot order it" "You can only buy what is allocated" etc etc etc ...

Then, by chance I walked into Lexus of Valencia. Spoke to the internet mgr. He look at the Lexus NA 'master inquiry" - this lists all incoming or available inventory of delaers by region. He inputted the car I wanted (250 with manual) and left the options blank and searched by all 4 regions. We found a sliver/grey 250 with sports & nav. We both concluded that the car could be built. So I gave him my special order. 2 weeks went by and I got a call that the car would be/could be produced. Did I still want it configured that way? ABSOLUTELY!!

Now, 5.5 months later I have my baby!!

Mica red

6 speed manual

Sports pak

G-Spyders

Man, was it worth the wait!!! ABSOLUTELY

BTW ... check out Lexus of Valencia fleet & internet dept. HE WILL get what you want.

Lux package includes:

maple trim

perforated seats

power tilt & telescoping steering

heated & vented seats

memory seats, steering & mirrors

illuminated door sill scuff plates

power sunshade

hid w/ afs

auto dimming mirrors

rain sensing wipers

18" rims & tires