Kyb Or Toyota Parts

The KYB's seem great, I have them on my RX300 and they look and perform identical to the OEM struts, as for the mounts, I do not know, I used Napa auto parts and they are OK however I do not know if they are the latest configuration for reliability.

KYB (short for Kayaba) is a Japanese company that has been an OEM supplier to Toyota for decades. When shopping for prices, consider getting quotes from discount Lexus dealers as well as wll as other sources. Example one owner said:

"I've gotten good service and 30% off retail from Matt Molini of Lexus of Roseville:"

Matt Molini

Parts Associate

Lexus of Roseville

Phone: 916-783-9111

Fax: 916-677-8840

Email: mmolini@lexusofroseville.net

www.lexusofroseville.com

I swear monarch works for Toyota. :whistles:

do some price shopping. my guess the KYB would be even cheaper over the internet.

for example for my 02 ES (non adjustable suspension)

PerformanceCenter has KYB G2 struts (front/rear): $94.99/$71.99

www.newlexusparts.com has OEM struts (front/rear): $132.50/$157.97

steviej

You can buy kyb-gr2's off ebay for 250-275.

Buying them from Lexus is downright stupid. They charge infinately more. As always, Toyota is not as bad as lexus, but still unjustafiably more expencive than just buying & shipping them off the internet.

Somce things... You can come out OK buying from Toyota, or have atleast one reason under the sun to do it.

Struts are not...

Struts don't just unexpectidly "blow". You've got *plenty* of time to notiece a strut going & go, "hey... My struts are blown! I need to get on ebay with $350 & buy struts, strut mounts, boots. Maybe I'll even throw down another $150-225 for some nice springs too".

I wouldn't want 2 get a quote form lexus for that stuff.

First of all, Thanks for all of the replys!

I thought that KYB might make the toyota stuff but wasn't sure. My Toyota dealer here in town has the front mounts for $71 and the rears for $55. Which, as far as I can tell, isn't bad at all.

I've already gotton Tokico struts on Ebay for $345 to my door, now I just need mounts and bumpstops, and maybe ball joints if I'm feeling saucy.

Toys: Why buy aftermarket KYB rather than the stuff from Toyota?

Thanks for the replys. :)

You can buy kyb-gr2's off ebay for 250-275.

Buying them from Lexus is downright stupid. They charge infinately more.

It's not stupid if you find the right deal. I bought all 4 shocks for my LS from Sewell (lexus-parts.com) for $280. :D

http://lexus-parts.com/partlist.asp?SubCat...=113&ModelID=49

$176.72 for one strut, and they don't even label it correctly. Typical for a Lexus dealer.

TN there are two versions of the KYB-GR2's avalible. 1 is slightly better than the other - which you can get for under the cost of what Toyota sells them.

The cars all come with basic KYB-GR2's in them. Tokico blue's are semi popular. They're a love / hate strut.