06 4runner 2wd, Or Sienna Le?

denslexusgx470

Well first of all, this is all my dad's idea. The choices are just narrowed down to a 4Runner or Sienna because he's still not comfortable with the budget of our bigger home, and seems that the 97 odyssey is asking for "retirement". :whistles: The odyssey currently has a pending tranny problem waiting to come, and an air compressor to replace. Looking at a grand total of $5,000 to get that thing fixed up, including labor. Now he's not really happy spending $5,000 on a vehicle that's not even worth $5,000 if he were to sell it today, so he's thinking of getting another one.

Main factors:

1. Price (got narrowed down because of the new house payments)

2. Brand

3. Safety features

4. Where it's built (Preferrably Japan)

5. MPG (we never discussed this when buying a car in the past. :chairshot: )

Now it seems that Toyota is offering a good deal on the 4Runner. Roughly, I'll give you the figures of what we were given(Lease rates). (But we're definitely not going to pay MSRP)

06 Sienna LE w/Homelink, Power sliding passenger door -> $249 a month + tax. on a MSRP of $26,900

06 Toyota 4Runner V6 2wd w/optional 17" rims (GX tire size), tonneau cover, spoiler, tow hitch -> $259 a month + tax. on a MSRP of $30,190

10 bucks difference???? That's why the 4Runner seems like the candidate that fits 4out of the 5 main factors above. Now what we're concerned is the MPG of the 4Runner. My dad's not convinced that the 4Runner will be a good gas saver, compared to the GX.

Sienna LE- 19/26

4Runner - 18/22

This is my next question. If anyone's got any experience with any 4Runner, 03 and newer, please advice me on how much is the actual GAS MPG on this vehicle. Preferrably the V6 2wd MPG, but I doubt that many people will buy that combination. I really prefer the 4Runner over the Sienna. So Please Put Some Good MPG Feedback!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

For now, I'm thinking of swaying him to a Highlander V6 if he won't give in to the 4Runner. :(

I own a sienna because sometimes 7 seats are necessary when moving my family of 4...dont ask. i dont really like it honestly because it creaks when you make driveway turns because its so long. it has a pretty cheap feeling...but maybe all toyota's are like this....this was my first one

I own a sienna because sometimes 7 seats are necessary when moving my family of 4...dont ask. i dont really like it honestly because it creaks when you make driveway turns because its so long. it has a pretty cheap feeling...but maybe all toyota's are like this....this was my first one

what year is it? 03? 00? 99? Also, what's your gas mileage, close to sticker? I think i might be able to sway my dad into a 4Runner because my mom is another factor in this decision. Everyone is involved when making a car decision. So far, out of all the choices, and all the monthly payment figures, she's in love with the 4Runner (as of the moment).

I'd love to have the 4Runner as an extra vehicle. Better mpg, and similar to Lexus. It's actually got cool little features in it (I think). It's got those mirrors in the back, that helps you see behind you (when you don't have a back-up camera) and the rear door is a little weird. It's not automatic when closing, but if you leave it slightly open, it will close automatically for you. Kinda reminds me of the RX330 sound when you close the rear hatch automatically, or even manually, it makes that sound, that shuts it really tight for you. :)

im not sure about gas milage...i assume its better than my rx330...but it does have the same engine and specs. Im starting to get around 18mpg on my RX so im guessing the Toyota about 19-20 mix driving.

I must say though, and this may be with every toyota...its very cheap to maintain...55 thousand miles...still original tires and only 1 brake pad change.

im not sure about gas milage...i assume its better than my rx330...but it does have the same engine and specs. Im starting to get around 18mpg on my RX so im guessing the Toyota about 19-20 mix driving.

I must say though, and this may be with every toyota...its very cheap to maintain...55 thousand miles...still original tires and only 1 brake pad change.

That's good news that it's a good vehicle. I was kinda getting worried about quality there for a bit (even though it is a Toyota) because the Sienna is made in Tennessee. :wacko:

Well the choices are as follows now (Sienna got moved down)

1. 4Runner >

2.Highlander > These first two are almost tied for first choice.

3. Sienna

4. Odyssey

That's good news that it's a good vehicle. I was kinda getting worried about quality there for a bit (even though it is a Toyota) because the Sienna is made in Tennessee. :wacko:

So what are you tryin' to say????? Us tennesseans are too stupid to build cars? :D lol J/K! :cheers:

That's good news that it's a good vehicle. I was kinda getting worried about quality there for a bit (even though it is a Toyota) because the Sienna is made in Tennessee.:wacko:

So what are you tryin' to say????? Us tennesseans are too stupid to build cars? :D lol J/K! :cheers:

Well i'll give you an example. Honda, started producing their 2nd gen Odyssey in Canada (99-03 models). the first two years of production, they had MAJOR TRANNY recalls and problems. Considering their Honda, shouldn't it be good, even though it's made in Canada?

I'm not saying that people from Canada, or from Tennessee are stupid people, but from experience by Honda, I just want to make sure Toyota won't or isn't making the same problem.

Besides, the cars made in Japan have more new car smell rather than the ones that are made locally. :P IMHO, that's what i've been observing when checking out some new Toyotas in the past few days. :P

oh btw i forgot to answer its a 2004 model

Ok. thanks. I think Sienna got ruled out now, and so was the Highlander and Odyssey, so it's all down to 4Runner now. Now we'll have to see which dealer will get me my particular unit. I may sound crazy but here's what I want in my vehicle:

1. V6, 2wd

2. optional 17" rims, roof rack, tow hitch, cargo net, carpet floor mats, roof rack, tonneau cover, and hopefully a Homelink, and DRL (daytime running lights)

3. Michelin Cross Terrain tires ;)

4. Natural White color, with either Taupe or Stone interior.

:cheers: