Lexus Just Called Me For A Survey

Today I had someone from Lexus call me to complete a short survey over the phone. They asked if I would recommend anyone going to my local dealer and I said yes. Then they asked me if I would go back for further service. I said no. Then he asked me if I had any problems with and work being completed at the dealer and I said I did have one big problem with them.

A while ago I did not have any power going to my climate control unit and had it diagnosed at the dealer. I knew it wasn't a blown fuse. So I waited at the dealer for a few hours. Their conclusion was that I had to replace about $1200 in parts and then it would be $1800 for labor. Keep in mind these electrical parts are not returnable. So after ordering the parts I needed in preparation for the work to be done I decided to tinker with my car one last time to try and troubleshoot it. And what do you know.

The technician spent hours trying to figure out what was wrong with it. :chairshot:

I found out myself that it was a dirty/loose fuse connection. So after fixing it myself I asked them if I could return the parts and they said no. So I just had this guy from lexus have me complete this survey and I explained to him the problem I had. He asked if the dealer tried to re-imburse me for any of the work and I said no. He said I should expect a call from Lexus Corp. to offer me something from this. Should I expect anything out of this phone call I am supposed to get from Lexus Corp. I did lose about $1500 from ordering the parts and 350.00 for them to diagnose it. He mentioned the possiblity of receiving a discount towards something.

If I do in fact ever receive a call from Lexus Corp. should I demand something. Like the starter replacement on my sc400 which is around a $1000 job. Or is that too far fetched and are they just likely to give me 15% off my next service, even though I do the majority of the service.

Never received a phone call after the phone call stating that someone would call to compensate this matter... Of course... Just to let you know this is the Lexus dealership in Rockville, MD. I don't think I've had a good experience there yet...

The stealerships are way over-rated. I was between mechanics when my A/C quit blowing cold. I thought what the heck, I'll take it to the dealer. They charged me $150 and told me that my evaporator coil (located in the dash) had gone bad and it will be another $1,300 to replace. I went ahead and did it. A few days later I go back to pick up my car. I get in and the steering wheel won't tilt down. I fumble around thinking maybe the switch is off, but everything is on. It drops down about an inch then there is this grinding sound. I show my service advisor and she drives it back to the mechanic. A few minutes later, she drives up saying, "The mechanic was never on the drivers side." She then gets together with her boss and they all start taking on this attitude, like I was trying to pull one over on them. Then back in my car, I find greasy fingerprints around the glove box area. Later that night, I notice that my dash lights aren't on. I find the dimmer knob and click it on. I thought they said they were never on that side of the vehicle. A few days later, we get a rain storm. The following day, I can see condensation build-up in the drivers side headlamp. When I pop the hood, I notice that the compressor happens to be located right behind it. I'm sure the guy laid all over my headlight and broke its seal. I'm f*@king sick of these rip-off artist. I don't need the cappuccinos, just a little competency. I know that these fairly common problems could have possibly happened all at once, but highly unlikely... and those greasy fingerprints were a real touch of class.