My Homelink Visor

I noticed that the later models (Years) of our SC300/400 cars have an embedded Homelink module (Garage door opener) in the visor.

Lexus wants $240.00 plus for that visor. I did not want to pay that much.

So I found a set of RX300 visors on Ebay with an embeded homelink system.

I paid $25.00 shipped for them. Since They were not the right size for my car, I took the Homelink module out and put it into my SC400, driver's side visor. It works great. here is a picture. (I had to recover the visor and I took out the mirror. My girl friend is scandalized that the mirror is gone, but i never used it and she can use the passenger side visor.)

I tried to upload a picture, but it would not let me. I will post a picture elsewhere and put a link here

Here is wher you can see the visor:

http://www.showoffyourcar.com/galleries.asp?carid=1680

I noticed that the later models (Years) of our SC300/400 cars have an embedded Homelink module (Garage door opener) in the visor.

I paid $25.00 shipped for them. Since They were not the right size for my car, I took the Homelink module out and put it into my SC400, driver's side visor. It works great. here is a picture. (I had to recover the visor and I took out the mirror. My girl friend is scandalized that the mirror is gone, but i never used it and she can use the passenger side visor.)

I tried to upload a picture, but it would not let me. I will post a picture elsewhere and put a link here

Nice Job. Where did you get the leather done?? How much

• 2 months later...

That is a brilliant work!

I wonder which year of SC400 starts having homelink feature included ? '98-'00 ?

BR,

V.

Sorry that I took so long to reply. I have been on vacation and just got back in town.

The leather interior was done by Blankinship Aero in Grand Praire, Texas. It was done on 6/3/2005 and cost $1,077.09 including state tax. The leather is Tuscony leather and was cut and stitched by www.leatherseats.com. Blanlinship Aero called them while I was in their office and we finalized the seat leather type and colors and the cost. That was on Wednesday, the leather was cut, sewed on Thursday and Fedexed overnight that day. Blankinship Aero installed them on Friday. It took about 4 hours and they did a terrific job.

I feel like I got a great deal. You can probably save several hundred dollars if you buy the leather and install it yourself, but it was worth the extra to have professionals do that for me.

post-17060-1155960727_thumb.jpg

post-17060-1155960776_thumb.jpg

post-17060-1155960850_thumb.jpg