About 3 Seconds Of Rattling At Start Up

Does anybody who has an IS350 or IS250 has a rattling noise when they first start up the car for about 3-4 seconds? It sounds like it's from somewhere deep inside the dash board on the driver side or somewhere around there in the engine compartment. It's hard to tell. I have to close my door, turn off the radio, and roll up the window to hear this.

Does anybody who has an IS350 or IS250 has a rattling noise when they first start up the car for about 3-4 seconds? It sounds like it's from somewhere deep inside the dash board on the driver side or somewhere around there in the engine compartment. It's hard to tell. I have to close my door, turn off the radio, and roll up the window to hear this.

Haven't had that experience.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I too have noticed this. And now I hear a rattling sound from there even when it's not in the morning. I saw in some other forums that it is due to temperature change

My IS 350, with 12,000 miles makes a rattling sound when I start off on cold mornings for approximately one - two minutes, sounds like a diesel, I'm told by my Lexus dealer that they are getting reports of this on the 350 engines in other models, I was told the company is looking into this, as of now they are calling it normal..

George