Braking Scratch Noise?

Just noticed today that when I brake the front left seems to have a noise coming from it...its only noticable when your slowing/stopping around 15mph or under - over that you cant tell. Its pretty hard to hear with the windows UP too.. Any ideas on what it could be, what to check first?

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same problem on my 2001 gs 300 i hear a scratching noise coming from the front only when i'm driving slow like when i'm parking my car. i check my brakes and there fine they got 50% left in the front and 70% left in the back. i would also like to know what could be causing the problem

• 2 months later...

I've 2000 gs300 and have the same problm noise coming mostly at the morning or when you start driving for few minute. Also it's appear on stopping. I think it is coming from exhaust pipe or under the car which make rattling nosie or some thing. Pls advice what is it and how to tackle? Much appreciated in advance for diagnose and solving.

Also my brake has noise, but it's disappear when aply brake. I have new original lexus brake pads change about a year. One of the machinic said the original pads are no good and make lots of dust and make nosie. Recommend for OEM brake parts. I spend $10.00 at PEP BOY and they said my car needs to change rear rotor and brake pads. Most suggestion I got was, rear rotor are not went bad as PEP BOY said. (they ask for $350.00 for parts labor). The car has 82K and is it good idea to not use lexus brake pads which may has some defect? Pls advice. Thks. :cries:

• 2 years later...
Just noticed today that when I brake the front left seems to have a noise coming from it...its only noticable when your slowing/stopping around 15mph or under - over that you cant tell. Its pretty hard to hear with the windows UP too.. Any ideas on what it could be, what to check first?

did you get the problem fixed? I have the same problem too! let me know ! Thanks in advance!

I also have the same problem with my 2000 Gs400... My mech told me that it is just a piece of debris from the road and it wont go away until you get new pads and rotors... Im tired of this noise, so I am looking into buying drilled rotors for my car.