How Long Can Lexus Keep The Secret!

I know these things are guarded but I can not believe the lack of information about the LX470 replacement. I google and see very little. :cries:

Got to be some images somehwere, even if they have screwed some false panels on this beast! :o

I want one! :D

im sure lexus has the money to buy their own airstrip to test their cars. The SC and the LX need to be refreshed pretty soon, they are getting outdated. But how much can you really change on a huge SUV

The LX is far from a HUGE SUV. I hope the leave the size of it's replacement the same as the original. I am on my 3rd LX and just ready for a change

im sure lexus has the money to buy their own airstrip to test their cars. The SC and the LX need to be refreshed pretty soon, they are getting outdated. But how much can you really change on a huge SUV

I heard Lexus sent engineers to LA to take measurements of their roads (ie, LA roads suck) and built a test track in Hokkaido to mimic these conditions (roads in Japan are way too smooth, so they have to build poor roads for testing:-) .

expect the new LX to be a few inches longer , with power 3rd row, and a MSRP over $70K.. POSS $80K...

Just get it to the showrooms. My saleman has already committed the 2nd new one to me. I would be first but the owner thinks he is special! :chairshot:

It's also possible that they MIGHT discontinue the LX, and replace it with the JX (550). Although that's only a rumor. Still remains to be seen on what Lexus wants to do. :whistles:

It's also possible that they MIGHT discontinue the LX, and replace it with the JX (550). Although that's only a rumor. Still remains to be seen on what Lexus wants to do. :whistles:

JX or LX, the name does not matter, "the" replacement for the LX470 is what I am talking about!

It's also possible that they MIGHT discontinue the LX, and replace it with the JX (550). Although that's only a rumor. Still remains to be seen on what Lexus wants to do.:whistles:

JX or LX, the name does not matter, "the" replacement for the LX470 is what I am talking about!

well not just a name change, but some change, probably in size, and engine, and features, and everything. the details, i have no clue. :wacko:

actually my dad has read that the LX will be DISCONTINUED like next year. I think Toyota is keeping the Land Cruiser but not the LX470. So all you guys with an LX470 are considered "classic" cars of Lexus someday. :cheers:

actually my dad has read that the LX will be DISCONTINUED like next year. I think Toyota is keeping the Land Cruiser but not the LX470. So all you guys with an LX470 are considered "classic" cars of Lexus someday. :cheers:

It is no secret that they will no longer have a LX470. The secret is what will replace it.

I will hold onto my 2004 till the replacement comes along!

actually my dad has read that the LX will be DISCONTINUED like next year. I think Toyota is keeping the Land Cruiser but not the LX470. So all you guys with an LX470 are considered "classic" cars of Lexus someday.:cheers:

It is no secret that they will no longer have a LX470. The secret is what will replace it.

I will hold onto my 2004 till the replacement comes along!

See that's the thing. It'll be discontinued, but no one knows if there's a replacement for it. Like i said in an earlier post, they're thinking of introducing the JX (550) model. No one knows the specifics of it, nor when the release date is, but that's all I know. ;)

the LX will stay..the GX was the one scheduled to be disc.... The GX was originally designed from ideas already used by Lexus and Toyota to hold some of the market until the LX was re-designed. It was supposed to be replaced by the HPX concept{ M/B R class type sport wagon}. Lexus never liked the idea that the GX wasn't an original concept, but due to the GX' sales success and failure on the M/B R class the GX got a reprieve.

the LX will stay..the GX was the one scheduled to be disc.... The GX was originally designed from ideas already used by Lexus and Toyota to hold some of the market until the LX was re-designed. It was supposed to be replaced by the HPX concept{ M/B R class type sport wagon}. Lexus never liked the idea that the GX wasn't an original concept, but due to the GX' sales success and failure on the M/B R class the GX got a reprieve.

actually the GX isn't a mistake or some "holding" for customers to stay with Lexus. The GX, or also known as the Land Cruiser Prado in many other countries, is the 2ND GENERATION for this breed of Toyota. I don't know where the website is, but I am pretty sure that the GX isn't suppose to be in this picture. :P ;)

GX wasn't an original build like I said, they pieced it together using parts from existing Toyota and Lexus. Nothing in the GX was original to the car. They prefer to build cars from a clean sheet of paper. The LX is an Sept-Oct 07 production.. Thats not speculation. They may get altered along the way based on demand. So far already in the works is power 3rd row..

GX wasn't an original build like I said, they pieced it together using parts from existing Toyota and Lexus. Nothing in the GX was original to the car. They prefer to build cars from a clean sheet of paper. The LX is an Sept-Oct 07 production.. Thats not speculation. They may get altered along the way based on demand. So far already in the works is power 3rd row..

no arguement involved, but i disagree. IF the GX, or Prado was build from existing parts from Toyota and Lexus, then don't tell me they haven't come up with an "original" design for their second generation Prado, or commonly known here in the USA as the GX(first gen for USA). This is the problem when car companies don't introduce the same vehicles everywhere they sell them. People think that the GX470's "brother" is the 4Runner, but it's not and it is only a cousin of the GX. The Land Cruiser Prado is the brother, or should i say "twin" of the GX.

1st gen Prado

Prado_11.jpg

2nd Gen Prado (and GX also)

toyota_prado_1024x768_1.jpg

As for the LX (which was the original topic), still no word on it. ;)

• 1 month later...

I've been waiting to trade my 2000 Lx 470 for a new one, didn't like any of the colors of the 2006s so not sure if I should see what 2007 brings or go down to the GX for the color choices, gas mileage, less expensive....

Still no news on the 2007 LX470 I guess???

• 2 weeks later...

I've been waiting to trade my 2000 Lx 470 for a new one, didn't like any of the colors of the 2006s so not sure if I should see what 2007 brings or go down to the GX for the color choices, gas mileage, less expensive....

Still no news on the 2007 LX470 I guess???

I figured it would be posted in here first but you never know. the end of 2007 is getting closer everyday!

The changes to the 07 GX will be.

Ö Enhanced RSE (larger screen)

Ö Mark Levinson will have DVD changer

Ö Addition of mini-plug for MP3

Ö Gen 5 Navigation

Should be a slight increase. The only color changes should be obsidian black instead of black onyx and possibly a diiferent green..