Nitrogen For Your Tires

I should have posted a smiley, relax I was being sarcastic ;)

The point is valid though. The reason they use nitrogen in airplane tires is because of the extreme changes in temperature the tires undergo when they take off and are stored 30,000 feet above the ground, then are lowered and make contact with the runway and heat up at 300 MPH. Those kind of conditions are just not experienced in a car. Even if your pressure does change 5-8 lbs when driving, what does that hurt that would make it worth it to PAY for Nitrogen to be put in your tires?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this thread kinda went quiet a couple months ago, but for anyone still subscribed to this thread, I wanted to change to nitrogen just to see for myself. SK brings up a great point about the pressure fluctuations. I live in Florida and it gets hot here. Hot enouph that cats and dogs can burn thier feet just crossing the road, as the sun is so strong. So I made a couple of phone calls, and there is a tire place here in Orlando, I won't give thier name, who charges,( get this!), $60.00 to convert to nitrogen!!!!

I said " WHAT???!!!!" So they went into a sales speel about how it's so much better than air. " Whatever!!!!" I told them they should wear ski masks when they work so people feel right about giving them money. !!!!

So, thanks to seeing the Costco thing about free Nitrogen here, I called them and they said yes indeed, but this store had not converted yet. Should be a couple of weeks at most. So, I'm just gonna wait.

I figure it can't hurt right? Even if I get a more consistent ride out of it, that is improvement.

• 4 months later...