Leaking Inside Passenger Side!?!?!?!

Bwilliams

I recently changed my spark plugs in my 91 LS400. Did everything the correct way. A week later, I have water or some non-smelling liquid leaking into the passenger side of the car. I have no clue how to make it stop. PLEASE HELP!!

I recently changed my spark plugs in my 91 LS400. Did everything the correct way. A week later, I have water or some non-smelling liquid leaking into the passenger side of the car. I have no clue how to make it stop. PLEASE HELP!!

Semmes to me it would be weatherstripping along the bottom of the door on the pass side...

If you've been running the a/c it's probably condensate from the evaporator thats draining onto the floor on the passenger side. Check the drain tube thats on the firewall under the passenger side and make sure it's not crimped, etc that would prevent the condensate from dripping out onto the ground. Run the a/c and look under the car on the passenger side and see if you have water dripping out the drain tube, if not, it's probably clogged up somehow.

If you've been running the a/c it's probably condensate from the evaporator thats draining onto the floor on the passenger side. Check the drain tube thats on the firewall under the passenger side and make sure it's not crimped, etc that would prevent the condensate from dripping out onto the ground. Run the a/c and look under the car on the passenger side and see if you have water dripping out the drain tube, if not, it's probably clogged up somehow.

yeha i forgot about that...good point. this is a common problem on the early.mid 90;s LS's

strange, my compressor is on the drivers side. the passenger side is most likely the Power steering hose. what color is the fluid? if you use red PS fluid and it's red then... if it's brown then it's likely you've got a valve cover gasket (oil)leak. check for the PS leak ASAP because that will kill the alternator which costs at least $160 just for the unit. PS hose $2 bucks.

Yes the compressor is on the driver's side. The "evaporator" is on the passenger side behind the glove box by the blower. Oberqc is most likely correct that the drain hose is plugged and that is causing your leak into the cabin at the passengers feet. ;)

Semmes to me it would be weatherstripping along the bottom of the door on the pass side...

ArmyofOne, how many miles do you have on your Custom Ford. Just curious. And does she run well?

• 2 weeks later...

The drain tube connects to the evaporator housing and directs the collected water that condenses on the evaporator core through the firewall to drip on the ground . You can see the drain tube if you get under the car near the firewall on the passenger side and you should have water dripping out of the tube with the a/c running. If you're not seeing any water dripping on the ground, the drain tube is either disconnected or clogged up and in either case the condensed water will drip onto your passenger side carpeting instead of on the ground.

• 7 years later...

For some reason, this forum IDENTIFIES a " A/C Condensate Drain Clog"'

But

You can search 20 entries and NOT find the Solution for FIXing it !!!

Hear it is on YouTube.. Plain, Simple, Clear and Cheap

From youtube direct type in

Another site suggests hooking a garden hose up to it an giving is

several bursts.