Ac Fault On My New Rx350- Recall?

I have an AC fault on my new RX 350. Lexus Westminster replaced the compressor, but it reoccurred. In both instances it was fixed by turning the AC off then back on. The problem is we have to do this after most engine restarts. Lexus HQ has acknowledge a problem that it is working on. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I have an AC fault on my new RX 350. Lexus Westminster replaced the compressor, but it reoccurred. In both instances it was fixed by turning the AC off then back on. The problem is we have to do this after most engine restarts. Lexus HQ has acknowledge a problem that it is working on. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

No problem thus far with my RX350, but thanks for the alert. Sounds like it's just a matter of time if HQ is already working on a solution!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not having any issues with my 350 either, although I've only just recently hit 1000 miles..

Hopefully your problem will be isolated and corrected soon! At least you have a workaround to bypass it in the meantime..

Ron..

• 2 weeks later...

Yup - I have that problem - apparently down to a software glitch that they are working on fixing back in the factory (or so I've been told the past 3 times I've taken it in).

I've had this fault since day 1, back in March. Generally happens on cold starts only, about 2/3 of the time.

Very annoying. I'm going to give them a couple more months to fix it before kicking in the lemon law, since this will affect my ability to sell the car in the future...

It's a message failure - the AC is fine, it pops up a message saying "Check Air Conditioner" on the Nav screen. The AC still works fine tho. Turning the AC off/on removes the message, as does turning the ignition off/on.

ohh, that happened to me one time, but it was during a rain storm, and i was going into deep puddles and that message popped up as well. Im guessing its a glitch in your system that is warning you without any water damage, as least i think thats when it comes up

Apparently this is new to RX350s. Stevens Creek Lexus is seeing a number of these failures now. Between that, the Sirius Sat Radio which they still haven't been able to get working on models with RSE, and the numerous door & dash rattles (which convieniently disappear as soon as a tech gets in the car!), I'm less than happy with my $45k purchase....

• 1 month later...

Apparently this is new to RX350s.

Having same problem with a new RX350 myself. On cold start, often AC light will blink, and no AC. Cycling AC off then back on solves the situation at the moment (no NAV system, so I don't get the message you all refer to) -

CJ9

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. Started a few days after I picked up the car in May. I took it in for service, and the loaner car did the same thing. They also wanted to replace the compressor - I told them that didn't make any sense. I have not received anything in writing from Lexus or my dealer, and have no estimate for when a fix will be available.

I tried something today at the advice of my brother who worked for Delphi for 15 years. He suggested I pull out the fuse for the A/C - which is the equivalent of a "hard reboot". After pulling the fuse, I started the car and the A/C came on right away - something it had not done before. On a hot day it was particularly annoying in that I'd sit there and watch the Lexus name show on the nav screen, and then either I'd get air or the 'Check air conditioner" message. Maybe this solved the problem? I'll know in a few days as I typcially get the error 2/3 of the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Going through another site I found a TSB that might cover this issue.... (AC004-06)

Lexus Supports ASE Certification Page 1 of 2

Title:

A/C LIGHT BLINKING

Models:

’07 RX 350

Technical Service

Information Bulletin

October 13, 2006

AC004-06

Some customers may experience the A/C light blinking and/or a “Check A/C System”

error message on the multi-display. Production changes to the A/C amplifier have been

made to remedy this concern.

􀀀 2007 model year RX 350 vehicles produced BEFORE the Production Change

Effective VINs shown below.

MODEL PLANT DRIVETRAIN PRODUCTION CHANGE EFFECTIVE VIN

TMK

2WD JTJGK31U#70004858

RX 350

4WD JTJHK31U#72013500

TMMC

2WD 2T2GK31U#7C011001

4WD 2T2HK31U#7C018238

PREVIOUS PART NUMBER CURRENT PART NUMBER PART NAME QTY

88650–0E020 88650–0E021 Amplifier Assembly, Air Conditioner 1

OP CODE DESCRIPTION TIME OFP T1 T2

AC0007 R & R A/C Amplifier 0.4 88650–0E020 99 99

Applicable Warranty*:

This repair is covered under the Lexus Comprehensive Warranty. This warranty is in

effect for 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s

in-service date.

* Warranty application is limited to correction of a problem based upon a customer’s specific complaint.

HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING

Introduction

Applicable

Vehicles

Production

Change

Information

Parts

Information

Warranty

Information

A/C LIGHT BLINKING – AC004-06 October 13, 2006

Page 2 of 2

1. Disconnect the negative (–) battery terminal.

2. Remove the RH front door scuff plate.

3. Remove the RH cowl side trim sub-assembly.

4. Remove the instrument panel under cover sub-assembly.

5. Remove the glove compartment door assembly.

6. Remove the ECM.

7. Remove the air conditioner

amplifier assembly.

A. Disconnect the connectors,

including the suspension control

ECU connectors.

B. Remove the 2 nuts retaining the

air conditioner amplifier

assembly/suspension control

ECU bracket.

8. Remove the suspension control ECU

from the bracket (w/ air suspension).

9. Reassemble in reverse order of disassembly.

10. Perform all necessary re-initialization procedures.

Refer to the following TSIBs:

􀀀 TSIB No. PD006-06, “Initialization of Power Back Door During PDS”

􀀀 TSIB No. PD007-06, “Initialization of Sliding Roof During PDS”

􀀀 TSIB No. PD008-06, “Initialization of Power Window During PDS”

Repair

Procedure

A/C Amplifier

• 3 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...
On 6/2/2006 at 7:03 PM, Barabus said:

Pls I have this issue. Has yours been solved??? Kindly assist with a solution.

Regards