Resetting Maintence Required Light

Dr.Gee

How do you reset the maintence light?

This is how I did it on my old GX:

First make sure Odometer is on ODO.

While car is off, hold Odometer button in and switch car ignition to A/C.

When flashing maintenance light goes solid release.

• 3 weeks later...

try this if it is the reminder light to change your oil and stuff.

1. With your car OFF, place your key in the ignition and turn to "On". Do not start the car.

2. Find the odometer button and press until it reads the total odometer setting, (not the Trip A or Trip B setting).

3. Turn the key to OFF.

4. Place your finger back on the odometer button, press and hold. Then while still holding the button, turn the key back to "On" (not START).

5. Hold the odometer button in until the MAINT REQD light goes out...should take about 8-10 seconds.

Good luck, it is pretty much the industry standard of resetting this reminder light.

original thread

steviej

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

How do you reset the maintence light?

This is how I did it on my old GX:

First make sure Odometer is on ODO.

While car is off, hold Odometer button in and switch car ignition to A/C.

When flashing maintenance light goes solid release.

This is great to know.

Sam

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone that has a ES 350 have the answer to how to remove the dealer set Oil Maintenance message between the speedometer and the tach. Several people have given me the odometer button then press on without brake etc. this doesn't work on my car, Any other suggestions that have worked.

Does anyone that has a ES 350 have the answer to how to remove the dealer set Oil Maintenance message between the speedometer and the tach. Several people have given me the odometer button then press on without brake etc. this doesn't work on my car, Any other suggestions that have worked.

Go here:How to's Should be the same.

• 1 month later...
Along the same lines,how do you change the maintenance interval?And,what is the default(3500 mi?)

I just reset my maintenance and the light went out. To change the maintenance interval:

- Push info - Maintenance

- Push Oil onscreen - type in date and mileage - Km

- Push Filter = Same .

It worked for me.

• 1 year later...

1. With your car OFF, place your key in the ignition and turn to "On". Do not start the car.

2. Find the odometer button and press until it reads the total odometer setting, (not the Trip A or Trip B setting).

3. Turn the key to OFF.

4. Place your finger back on the odometer button, press and hold. Then while still holding the button, turn the key back to "On" (not START).

5. Hold the odometer button in until the MAINT REQD light goes out...should take about 8-10 seconds.

Good luck, it is pretty much the industry standard of resetting this reminder light.

original thread

steviej

Thanks for the info, i will try it & see how it works

• 6 months later...

2006 RX400 H

Holding in the ODO/Trip button and turning the key on while continuing to hold the button in worked like a charm. The middle display read "reseting" for about 3 seconds then "reset complete". This saved us a $745 bill from the dealer. I'll change the air filters and check the belts and fluid levels myself. This was also the fix when we went a little too far after the "oil change due" came on. Thanks for the info. :-)

• 9 years later...
On 6/24/2006 at 12:52 PM, steviej said:

3. Turn the key to OFF.

original thread

steviej

Thanks stevie, this works