Es Cd Changer Compatibility

I've heard somewhere that the 92-96 ES300 6-disc changer is plug and play with a 92 SC300 with the 12 disc Panasonic CD changer. Can anyone confirm this before I start searching for one? And on that note, does anyone have one sitting around that they might wanna sell me?

I've heard somewhere that the 92-96 ES300 6-disc changer is plug and play with a 92 SC300 with the 12 disc Panasonic CD changer. Can anyone confirm this before I start searching for one? And on that note, does anyone have one sitting around that they might wanna sell me?

I would imagine you should be able to. The radio and changer is made by Panasonic. If the connectors have the same number of pins and the colours are similar it should work. You could probably Are you planning to buy the 12disc changer and then test it out?

If you're buying it from Lexus and they have it in-stock they maybe willing to let you try it out.

UCf3

Are you planning to buy the 12disc changer and then test it out?

No, I already have the 12 disc in my SC and it's a pieca poo. That's why I'm thinking about doing the 6 disc swap. The only reason I thought of it is cause I'd heard at some point or another someone mention on here that they had done it and it worked just fine. I know that that ES changer has the capability to rewind and the SC changer only fast forwards. I also know that the SC changer is made by Panasonic and the ES changer is made by Pioneer. As for the plug compatability, I no longer have my ES service manuals and I don't have a service manual for the SC so I don't know if the connectors are compatable, short of just visually inspecting them. I do have a 92 ES changer that I know is broken, but I'm gonna use it to see if the connectors at least match up. I doubt they do...that just seems too easy, and everyone knows that the E in Lexus doesn't stand for "easy" anything...