Help Please, On Removing O2 Sensor

mibo

I was changing O2 sensor last night, the main sensor of passenger side on my 2002 SC430. The o2 was stopped to screw out on its half way out, I tried to turn it with more extended forces but no help. it was loose and turned out couple turns but stopped then.

Please help me up, what's the problem I got and what can i do the next step

thanks a lot -mibo

I was changing O2 sensor last night, the main sensor of passenger side on my 2002 SC430. The o2 was stopped to screw out on its half way out, I tried to turn it with more extended forces but no help. it was loose and turned out couple turns but stopped then.

thanks a lot -mibo

is it flanged? can you attach a picture? never seen inside the engine bay of a 430. or at least close enough to get a glimpse of the 02s

thanks a lot -mibo

is it flanged? can you attach a picture? never seen inside the engine bay of a 430. or at least close enough to get a glimpse of the 02s

Finally I got it out!! last night I put few WD-40 spray and wait 10 minutes then turned it backwards 1/4 turn and then towards and then backwards and... repeated this about another 10 minutes, then it was free totally.

It's not flanged. it's normal 4-wire sensor. I took 3 pictures, left O2 position, right O2 position and closed look of removed sensor, but can't attach them, seem the large size. The old one has open heater circuit. the new one (Walker) is meamured 16 Ohm on heater.

No, it's out of warranty. actually I bought it as an used car half year ago, 26K milage for 40K, from its previous owner. on that time the 4 years warranty was just over. i think this was the reason why he sold it out.

• 6 months later...

What were the symptoms that made you change the O2 sensor? Was it easy to get to? Where did you get the replacement ? from the dealer or an aftermarket item?

Kevin

No, it's out of warranty. actually I bought it as an used car half year ago, 26K milage for 40K, from its previous owner. on that time the 4 years warranty was just over. i think this was the reason why he sold it out.

• 1 year later...

thanks a lot -mibo

Finally I got it out!! last night I put few WD-40 spray and wait 10 minutes then turned it backwards 1/4 turn and then towards and then backwards and... repeated this about another 10 minutes, then it was free totally.

It's not flanged. it's normal 4-wire sensor. I took 3 pictures, left O2 position, right O2 position and closed look of removed sensor, but can't attach them, seem the large size. The old one has open heater circuit. the new one (Walker) is meamured 16 Ohm on heater.

hey im a new member here,

i have a 02 sc430 as well, and my check engine light is on. I went to my buddys shop today to get it checked out with the OBD machine and it read p0155 "O2 sensor heater circuit bank 2, sensor 1." I'm assuming this sensor is on the passenger side/ sensor BEFORE the cat. I have an idea of where the sensor is, but im not 100%. Could you send me the pics you took of the sensors via email please? That would be so cool of you. My email is mnguy1@brockport.edu thanks for the help!

• 3 months later...

thanks a lot -mibo

hey im a new member here,

i have a 02 sc430 as well, and my check engine light is on. I went to my buddys shop today to get it checked out with the OBD machine and it read p0155 "O2 sensor heater circuit bank 2, sensor 1." I'm assuming this sensor is on the passenger side/ sensor BEFORE the cat. I have an idea of where the sensor is, but im not 100%. Could you send me the pics you took of the sensors via email please? That would be so cool of you. My email is mnguy1@brockport.edu thanks for the help!