Fuel Economy Merged Threads

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've averaged 22.5 over 6,600 miles. Mostly highway, but some city and stop 'n go on the way home. I do a couple of those zero to 100 runs a week too - just cuz I can. I alternate between premium and regular and honestly can't tell the difference. At Denver's altitude, premium is 91 and regular is 85 octane. Regular is about $2.74 here with premium .20 higher.

BTW, I was on vacation last week and drove an '06 Charger for the week. It didn't have the Hemi, which it sorely missed. I loved it when I hit the gas. It downshifted, made lots of engine noise and then slowly accelerated. Nothing like the IS. 6 Cylinder engines are not created equally. I would guess the Hemi performs more like the IS but at half the mpg's you'd die at the pump. It was just another big car. Definitely nothing special.

I have an IS250. My average mpg is about 26.8. When I decided to try and drive it slow for one tank, I got 32 mpg on that tank. But I couldn't stay at 60.........I had to drive!!!! lol.

My wife and I bought an IS250 last weekend and when I filled up yesterday we drove 288 miles on 12 gallons of gas. That equates to 24 mpg, and I've been romping on it a bit when I've driven it. All city driving with no prolonged highway stints. I'm thinking the IS250 might be the luxury eco friendly car of the year.

I live in the O.C. and work in Long Beach. I drive at the best time! 3am to work and 12 noon home! I get very little traffic on the freeway and I keep it at 75-80 MPH round trip is close to 75 miles!

I average between 23 to 25.5 MPG!

I drive from Claremont to Riverside every day 30 miles one-way, and always have traffic. I thought I was getting bad gas mileage with the 26.8 average I'm at right now.........

• 2 weeks later...

Fuel Economy

I now have close to 2300 miles on my IS350... I do mostly city driving so I didn't expect "GREAT" MPG.... But my last tank had a average of only 13mpg!????? are you kidding me!??? The overall MPG is only 18.2... OUCH...

I do have a heavy foot on the on ramp.... but I've settled down the past 1000 miles....

Just paid $3.21 for 93 Super...

Anyone else seen averages in the 22-25s????

Ok... just got in from Balt. MD to Worcester Mass. about 380 miles... I fuled up off I95... so it was all Hwy Driving...

I avg. 71 MPH and got 27.5 MPG!!! Could have gotten over 28 if I would have dropped the speed down a little...

So I guess the heavy foot in town takes a huge toll on the MPG.....

I read that using synthetic oil can increase your gas efficiency by 4%.

I've been reading "Fleet Trucking" and a similar long haul trucker trade magazine for 20 years and in all that time the industry has still not widely embraced synthetic oil. It's benefits, including fuel savings, have been too miniscule to offset the 3x extra cost.

I read that using synthetic oil can increase your gas efficiency by 4%.

I've been reading "Fleet Trucking" and a similar long haul trucker trade magazine for 20 years and in all that time the industry has still not widely embraced synthetic oil. It's benefits, including fuel savings, have been too miniscule to offset the 3x extra cost.

I know my synthetic oil is not 3X the price here as you stated. If fact, it a small amount more then Lexus oil if you get Lexus dino cheap(er) then $3.00 per qt. If you do not look around, some dealers want more for their dino oil then what I get my oil for. Figure that out……

I have not seen any MPG increase with synthetic; but I change them as soon as I pull in the driveway since new. If you have dirty ring packs etc, switching WILL clean thus increasing you mpg.

But I do get 1.3 MPG more (wifes get more in her auto) using FP60 in gas and LC20 in oil. I use these items has on judgment from the owner of Dyson Analysis. Terry has major experience with engines and even has worked with many manufactures (hint hint).

So far these are not “miniscule” benefits with today’s petrol prices. There is again more benefits then meets the eye or read in any trucking magazine. The only mag I take 50% away is Oil Testing mag I get one per month. It goes WAY indepth on the chemical structure of oil, fluids, testing etc. Then and only then would I email Terry at Dyson Analysis if I had a question.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My wife and I bought an IS250 last weekend and when I filled up yesterday we drove 288 miles on 12 gallons of gas. That equates to 24 mpg, and I've been romping on it a bit when I've driven it. All city driving with no prolonged highway stints. I'm thinking the IS250 might be the luxury eco friendly car of the year.

Yep, I just finished my third tank on the 2007 IS250 AWD and got 27.2 MPG in town. I am really pleased with the performance and economy. It's quick, fast in the turns and does great from 50-80 to pass.

I usually drive speed limit or up to 10 miles over on highway. I do 65 miles highway trip to work each day, with the last 1/2 hour stop and start, 65 miles home at a constant speed and weekends city driving. I am averaging 27.4 MPG. If I fill up my tank before going home at night, I find I get 30-32 with straight 65 mph.

I have been thrilled with the mileage.

I usually drive speed limit or up to 10 miles over on highway. I do 65 miles highway trip to work each day, with the last 1/2 hour stop and start, 65 miles home at a constant speed and weekends city driving. I am averaging 27.4 MPG. If I fill up my tank before going home at night, I find I get 30-32 with straight 65 mph.

I have been thrilled with the mileage.

I'm at 10,300... 19.2 for Overall average... Only had my girl for 6 months.... Lets just say I'm glad fuel prices are going down.. :cheers:

I'm at 10,300... 19.2 for Overall average... Only had my girl for 6 months.... Lets just say I'm glad fuel prices are going down.. :cheers:

I have 14k miles 8 months and average 19.3 mpg, I guess thats the average for big city IS350 drivers. (19-20)

I have 14k miles 8 months and average 19.3 mpg, I guess thats the average for big city IS350 drivers. (19-20)

Yeah, I was going to say, seems to be a big difference between the 250 and the 350....

Yeah, I was going to say, seems to be a big difference between the 250 and the 350....

seems to be the norm for 350.

i am at 2900 miles, and averaging about 19.9.

the highest number i've seen was when i was still breaking in the car, deliberately kept under 70 mph, and the tank average went as high as 32 mpg.

i do maybe 90% city driving, so the average have been going way down. however it does improve a bit when i do late night runs just to satisfy my urge to drive fast.

Im getting 19 MPG in the City and I drive a IS 250!! What the hell!! I dont drive like a maniac!! Its at 400 miles right now, come on Gas mileage!! Geez...

I'm getting the 28 mpg driving highway, but SoCal highways, so a lot of stop and go...........

Ya, when I drive on the highway my gas mileage jumps up, however I drive almost exclusively in the city and around town, im rarely on the freeway but still I should be getting the 24 MPG City or at least around that like 22, not 19!!!

• 3 months later...

Hello to all, right now i am thinking about either the IS350 or the 335i. The winner will most likely be the IS350. Right now I drive a Dodge Ram truck (Power Wagon) with the Hemi and I am getting 9.5 miles per gallon. I know the IS 350 gets better then that but i was wondering what you are getting. I think it is rated at 24 city and 29 highway. If you can give me both that would be great and driving habits. I am very hard on my truck, but the best i did get was 13 mpg driving to Vermont doing about 70-75 the whole way there. Thank you very much and i cant wait to join the club.

William

Hello to all, right now i am thinking about either the IS350 or the 335i. The winner will most likely be the IS350. Right now I drive a Dodge Ram truck (Power Wagon) with the Hemi and I am getting 9.5 miles per gallon. I know the IS 350 gets better then that but i was wondering what you are getting. I think it is rated at 24 city and 29 highway. If you can give me both that would be great and driving habits. I am very hard on my truck, but the best i did get was 13 mpg driving to Vermont doing about 70-75 the whole way there. Thank you very much and i cant wait to join the club.

William

hi there.. i was also thinking between bmw and lexus.. and good thing you are leaning toward is350.. you just get more for your money plus reliability... i test drove my friend's 07 335i and it's a nice ride but not that much better.. and i didn't like their interior..

anyways, i get about 19-20 mpg according to my meter... but i rev alot so it's probably not a good indication.. i heard some people do get 24/28 and they are surprised about how good gas mileage is on IS's...

William

I have the 250 engine, but I am getting between 28 and 30 mpg. I drive the freeway mostly, with stop-and-go, thanks to SoCal traffic.......

William

I have the 250 engine, but I am getting between 28 and 30 mpg. I drive the freeway mostly, with stop-and-go, thanks to SoCal traffic.......

I drive a nice mix between highway and city, not too heavy on the foot, and I'm averaging 20 - 21 in my 350.

Russ

William

I drive a nice mix between highway and city, not too heavy on the foot, and I'm averaging 20 - 21 in my 350.

Russ

I'm getting about 22 - 23 driving rather conservatively. I just can't get beyond 23 MPG.