2001 Lx470 W/mark Levinson But No Nav

NYClexusowner

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a 2001 LX470 w Mark Levinson but no Nav; the reason I did this was because I called Lexus of Manhattan and they told me that the factory unit could be installed into the vehicle for around 3500. Imagine my surprise when I call back they tell me its close to impossible, that it would cost 13,000 dollars for work and equipment. I've called a few other dealers and some of them tell me the same thing but some also say its totally impossible. I don't want to install an aftermarket as they just look plain old stupid. The Lexus NAV system is the best I've seen. Any thoughts on how I could get the OEM equipment and install myself, or has anyone done it themselves?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
C'mon guys, no suggestions?

Would it be possible to get the desired equipment from a junkyard? If so, what exactly would I need to have pulled from the junked lx470?

Here is your answer. You should look into an aftermarket NAV system. There is noway anyone in the right state of mind would wnat to go and have one form the dealership installed unless you had deep pockets. Aftermarket is the way to go for your issue. Let me know if you would like to be pointed in the direction of a manufacture.....You have several ways to go...