Window Tint

Does anyone have any advice regarding window tinting a for a 1998 gold GS 300. In particular, has anyone had any problems with the "high-performance" films (those that contain a metalic layer) interfering with radio reception? The concern is that the film will interfere with the antenna that is embedded in the rear-window glass. I don't want to go with a "dye-only" film because of fear that this type of film will change color with time (I've seen some that have turned purple). Any recommendation on film brands or color? Thanks.

You *could* just ask your local places if they use 3M brand film. You'll get no purpling out of that.

I don't see how the metallic content would interfere with the antenna? I wouldn't think you'd have a concern there at all.

Thanks for input. I ended up asking a window tint shop to cut a rectangular piece of the high performance film and put it temporarily on the inside of the back window over the radio antenna. They did this by spraying the window with a water/surfactant solution to hold on the film without removing the throw-away protective layer covering the "glue" layer. I then checked the radio reception. I could not detect any difference in reception with and without the film. This science experiment took about ten minutes. I ended up going with a bronze "high-performance" film from Llumar. It looks great! And there does not appear to be any interference in radio reception with the film on the entire back window and the side windows.