Just Bought A 2006 Is250 On Saturday.

Fantastic car. Lexus really did a nice job on the styling. My wife and I were originally considering the Acura TL or the G35 sedan but once she drove the IS it was all over. Granted the IS is a little smaller but it will suit our needs.

I drove the IS250 and the IS350 back to back a few months ago and personally would have preferred the IS350 but she felt that the power was adequate from the 250. Since she's going to be the primary driver I didn't argue with her about it.

It is Matador Red with premium package and 18" wheels. We got them to upgrade to chrome wheels at no extra charge and they will be installed later this week.

lexusis2zf.th.jpg

Nice car man. I'm still trying to decide between the Acura TL or the IS, but I still have about 2 months left yet until I have to make my decision. What made you choose the IS over the TL? Be sure to post some more pics when you get the chrome wheels on there.

Nice car man. I'm still trying to decide between the Acura TL or the IS, but I still have about 2 months left yet until I have to make my decision. What made you choose the IS over the TL? Be sure to post some more pics when you get the chrome wheels on there.

I drove the TL and liked it quite a bit but I heard mixed opinions on Acura service. Lexus service on the other hand is supposed to be excellent. The TL is also FWD which I don't particularly care for. We have a 2003 Nissan Maxima SE which suffers enormous amounts of torque steer when you really open up the throttle.

Personally, I like the interior of the Lexus more than the TL even though the TL is more roomy.

The ultimate decision was my wife's though. She got the car she really wanted. See, this will allow me to get the car I really want in a couple years. :lol: I'm not saying the Lexus isn't the car I really want but if it were me I would have held out for the IS350. We'll see what kind of cool stuff is out in a couple years. B)

Congrats on the new car!! Got mine 2 months ago, and love it.

As for the TL and IS250, like I said above I got mine a short time ago and my girlfriend got a TL about 4 months go.

The TL has some serious pick up the trans shifts are smooth and accurate, the IS I feel doesn’t have the same throttle response as the TL; the trans feels like it has a slight lag between gears. I mean there is a difference of about 60-70 HP (the TL having more).

The IS has a very refined interior, the leather is smooth and soft, the TL has that harder style leather and the interior doesn’t seem as elegant. The TL defiantly has more room on the interior then the IS.

The base TL comes with HID's, Drivers memory seat, and XM. The Base IS AWD doesn’t have the HID's, memory drivers seat or XM. But the IS has air-cooled seats, No KEY which is cool and the biggie AWD.

Her cars sticker was 33,XXX and mine was 35,XXX so there is a difference in price. If you start adding HID's and Nav, and XM to the IS the price goes up quite a bit where as the TLs only real option is NAV which still only tops out at around 35K. (Not talking A-Spec TL)

As for Acura service, they have always done good by me, never had a problem with them at all. (I also had an Acura before the IS250).

All in all you can’t really go wrong with either car, there both 2 of the most reliable brands in the world, and both have one of the highest resale values (Toyota and Honda). You should be able to get the better deal on the TL though; we got a crazy deal on my girls. Good luck with what ever you decide to go with, they are both a good choice in my opinion. :D

Congrats on the new car!! Got mine 2 months ago, and love it.

As for the TL and IS250, like I said above I got mine a short time ago and my girlfriend got a TL about 4 months go.

The TL has some serious pick up the trans shifts are smooth and accurate, the IS I feel doesn’t have the same throttle response as the TL; the trans feels like it has a slight lag between gears. I mean there is a difference of about 60-70 HP (the TL having more).

The IS has a very refined interior, the leather is smooth and soft, the TL has that harder style leather and the interior doesn’t seem as elegant. The TL defiantly has more room on the interior then the IS.

The base TL comes with HID's, Drivers memory seat, and XM. The Base IS AWD doesn’t have the HID's, memory drivers seat or XM. But the IS has air-cooled seats, No KEY which is cool and the biggie AWD.

Her cars sticker was 33,XXX and mine was 35,XXX so there is a difference in price. If you start adding HID's and Nav, and XM to the IS the price goes up quite a bit where as the TLs only real option is NAV which still only tops out at around 35K. (Not talking A-Spec TL)

As for Acura service, they have always done good by me, never had a problem with them at all. (I also had an Acura before the IS250).

All in all you can’t really go wrong with either car, there both 2 of the most reliable brands in the world, and both have one of the highest resale values (Toyota and Honda). You should be able to get the better deal on the TL though; we got a crazy deal on my girls. Good luck with what ever you decide to go with, they are both a good choice in my opinion. :D

My boss has an Acura MDX and she came from a Lexus IS300. She's the one who told me that Acura wouldn't give loaner cars when she drops it off for oil changes but Lexus would. Acura would make customers wait or give them a ride somewhere in their shuttle van. She told me that she originally thought she'd keep the MDX for many years but is now talking of trading it in for another Lexus.

Our neighbor also has a Lexus and she raves about their service. She's had nothing but Lexus cars for the past 10 years.

I dropped off the IS tonight to have the chrome wheels installed. I was out of there in 10 minutes in a Lexus ES330 with 7700 miles on it. Nice car but slower (certainly less responsive anyway) than the IS and the steering feel is much lighter with less feedback. Brakes aren't nearly as good either.

My boss has an Acura MDX and she came from a Lexus IS300. She's the one who told me that Acura wouldn't give loaner cars when she drops it off for oil changes but Lexus would. Acura would make customers wait or give them a ride somewhere in their shuttle van. She told me that she originally thought she'd keep the MDX for many years but is now talking of trading it in for another Lexus.

Our neighbor also has a Lexus and she raves about their service. She's had nothing but Lexus cars for the past 10 years.

I dropped off the IS tonight to have the chrome wheels installed. I was out of there in 10 minutes in a Lexus ES330 with 7700 miles on it. Nice car but slower (certainly less responsive anyway) than the IS and the steering feel is much lighter with less feedback. Brakes aren't nearly as good either.

I'm on hold for an '07 IS250 AWD with Lux & Nav/ML packages.

I'm waiting due to the fact that Lexus is not currently producing IS's with the ML Stereo option at this time.

I have to replace both my Jeep Grand Cherokee and my wife's car within the next year.

The Jeep is first to go and since the IS is on hold, I just put a deposit on an '06 Acura MDX Touring with Nav and DVD. Got it for $4,500 off MSRP and I pick it up on Saturday.

When my '07 IS is avail, the MDX is going to be the wife's ride.

I completely agree with your comparison of Lexus vs Acura.

Acura was incredibly respectful, knowledgable, friendly and patient with us, which is more than I can say about Lexus. (See my previous posts on dealer experiences)

We test drove a MDX test model for 45 minutes and beat the tar out of it, it was a fun test drive. (Yes, the saleman was with us)

Lexus let me take the IS250 AWD for 10 minutes down back roads, never got it above 30mph.

Also, Acura service is open until 10pm for oil changes and minor repairs, which is very convenient.

With that being said, there is a lot that is missing.

Lexus puts you into the lap of luxury through the entire buying experience (if they do things right) and also offer conveniences like loaners when repairs or maintenance are needed.

Their service waiting area is beautiful and they offer everything to make you comfortable.

They also offer applogies for inconvenient recalls by sending IPODs out to IS owners.... I thought that was awesome.

Acura has a coffee machine. :blushing:

You drove the '06 ES and comparing it to the IS, you were not very impressed.

Has anyone driven the new '07 ES350?

The car looks awesome.... I wonder how it is compared to the IS.

I'm curious because I love everything about the IS except it's size.

The more I think about it's size, even the Acura TL with the 6 Speed Manual and Nav is looking good. :whistles:

The back seat is larger, but now I'm losing the Lexus luxury

The '07 ES350 may be the perfect answer for me.

I guess each dealer is different, because my Acura dealer had loaner cars and would offer them to me. There was never a real need for one, oil changes only take 20-30 min, id rather wait then have to come back. I haven’t really dealt with Lexus service yet, but will be at my 5K mile service so we see.

I'm on hold for an '07 IS250 AWD with Lux & Nav/ML packages.

I'm waiting due to the fact that Lexus is not currently producing IS's with the ML Stereo option at this time.

I have to replace both my Jeep Grand Cherokee and my wife's car within the next year.

The Jeep is first to go and since the IS is on hold, I just put a deposit on an '06 Acura MDX Touring with Nav and DVD. Got it for $4,500 off MSRP and I pick it up on Saturday.

When my '07 IS is avail, the MDX is going to be the wife's ride.

I completely agree with your comparison of Lexus vs Acura.

Acura was incredibly respectful, knowledgable, friendly and patient with us, which is more than I can say about Lexus. (See my previous posts on dealer experiences)

We test drove a MDX test model for 45 minutes and beat the tar out of it, it was a fun test drive. (Yes, the saleman was with us)

Lexus let me take the IS250 AWD for 10 minutes down back roads, never got it above 30mph.

Also, Acura service is open until 10pm for oil changes and minor repairs, which is very convenient.

With that being said, there is a lot that is missing.

Lexus puts you into the lap of luxury through the entire buying experience (if they do things right) and also offer conveniences like loaners when repairs or maintenance are needed.

Their service waiting area is beautiful and they offer everything to make you comfortable.

They also offer applogies for inconvenient recalls by sending IPODs out to IS owners.... I thought that was awesome.

Acura has a coffee machine. :blushing:

You drove the '06 ES and comparing it to the IS, you were not very impressed.

Has anyone driven the new '07 ES350?

The car looks awesome.... I wonder how it is compared to the IS.

I'm curious because I love everything about the IS except it's size.

The more I think about it's size, even the Acura TL with the 6 Speed Manual and Nav is looking good. :whistles:

The back seat is larger, but now I'm losing the Lexus luxury

The '07 ES350 may be the perfect answer for me.

I couldn’t agree more about the sales process, Acura was so much better and the deal...forget it I only wish I could have got half the deal we got on the TL on the IS. The Lexus people were more...how do you put it...stuck up, but it is a more luxurious car.

If you got the IS with all those extras, you have to be near 40K, you might as well go with the TL A-Spec and Nav(which is in and around the same price), let me tell you the TL 6spd will NOT disappoint. Its got some serious power, and it shifts like a sports car.

This is my first Lexus, so I guess I have to wait out the experience and then make my judgments.

I couldn’t agree more about the sales process, Acura was so much better and the deal...forget it I only wish I could have got half the deal we got on the TL on the IS. The Lexus people were more...how do you put it...stuck up, but it is a more luxurious car.

If you got the IS with all those extras, you have to be near 40K, you might as well go with the TL A-Spec and Nav(which is in and around the same price), let me tell you the TL 6spd will NOT disappoint. Its got some serious power, and it shifts like a sports car.

This is my first Lexus, so I guess I have to wait out the experience and then make my judgments.

You like the TL?

I get mixed reviews, especially on the Torque Steer issue.

Plus there are trillions of them on the road, I like how the IS stands out.

But I also hear that if driven correctly, the 6-Speed gets low 5's 0-60 and is a blast to drive, and I can get in one for approx $4,000 less than the IS (Fully Equipped)

The Sales Manager and General Manager know how stuck I am on the IS.

Everytime I go in, they try to talk about the TL's options, and I shoot everything down when comparing to the IS.

They have been offering MAD deals on the TL for me, and they get better every time I go in.

He's willing to throw in the optional 18" wheels, body kit and spoiler.

The car looks awesome like that.

Also, the Nav on the Acura is a little quirky.

It's dead accurate in some areas, and off in others.

For example, I entered the dealer's address and when we were pulling back in, the NAV said that the dealer was still 500ft down the road.

I didn't experience anything like that in the IS.

You like the TL?

But I also hear that if driven correctly, the 6-Speed gets low 5's 0-60 and is a blast to drive, and I can get in one for approx $4,000 less than the IS (Fully Equipped)

Everytime I go in, they try to talk about the TL's options, and I shoot everything down when comparing to the IS.

They have been offering MAD deals on the TL for me, and they get better every time I go in.

I love the TL, like I said above I’m either driving my IS or my girls TL. I wont argue with you on the torque steer issue, it does pull. The TL puts down some serious power though, and like I said the 6spd will not disappoint. If you can get the TL with the entire A-spec package, (18” rims, full lip kit, wing, suspensions, etc.) I would be all over it. The TL with Nav and entire A-spec kit you should be around the 40k mark, if you can get it 4k of MSRP, you cant beat that. Lexus is not going to take 4K off of the IS. I know for a fact that Acura can give you the crack head price, cause we got our TL for 4200 off MSRP.

You like the TL?

I love the TL, like I said above I’m either driving my IS or my girls TL. I wont argue with you on the torque steer issue, it does pull. The TL puts down some serious power though, and like I said the 6spd will not disappoint. If you can get the TL with the entire A-spec package, (18” rims, full lip kit, wing, suspensions, etc.) I would be all over it. The TL with Nav and entire A-spec kit you should be around the 40k mark, if you can get it 4k of MSRP, you cant beat that. Lexus is not going to take 4K off of the IS. I know for a fact that Acura can give you the crack head price, cause we got our TL for 4200 off MSRP.

The MDX was $44,815

Picking it up for a shade over $39,000.

(Forums say that I shouldn't pay above $37,000 for the MDX Touring with NAV and DVD but I think their full of it.)

I couldn't get anywhere near that deal near me.

They're offering me even better deals on the TL, considering I just got the MDX and this would be a second purchase.

Given that good of a deal, I can put the savings into a good set of snow tires.

When I asked for a deal on the IS locally, I was told to pound sand. (Too much demand)

There is a dealer a few 100 miles out that will drop $2,000 off MSRP, but that still doesn't have the ML package.

Waiting for the brand new '07, there will be no deals given. :cries:

(And rumor has it, the '07 IS goes up $1,500)

The MDX was $44,815

Picking it up for a shade over $39,000.

(Forums say that I shouldn't pay above $37,000 for the MDX Touring with NAV and DVD but I think their full of it.)

I couldn't get anywhere near that deal near me.

They're offering me even better deals on the TL, considering I just got the MDX and this would be a second purchase.

Given that good of a deal, I can put the savings into a good set of snow tires.

When I asked for a deal on the IS locally, I was told to pound sand. (Too much demand)

There is a dealer a few 100 miles out that will drop $2,000 off MSRP, but that still doesn't have the ML package.

Waiting for the brand new '07, there will be no deals given. :cries:

(And rumor has it, the '07 IS goes up $1,500)

37K, i dont know about all that...that would be like over 7k off sticker, thas alot. Could you imagine getting 7k of the TL :D

1500+ more?? thats insane Mine was like 35,xxx i would have never bought it for 36,xxxx unless i was getting HID's, XM/Sirius, etc.

1500+ more?? thats insane Mine was like 35,xxx i would have never bought it for 36,xxxx unless i was getting HID's, XM/Sirius, etc.

Well, I'll say this.

My local Lexus dealer, Lexus of Northborough, MA, is full of sales people who know little to nothing about the cars they are selling.

One sales guy claims the new '07 IS is $1,500 more than the '06.

The Internet Sales Manager also told me that the '07 will no longer offer the backup parking sensors.

I cannot confirm either of these facts yet.

Other than that, I have no info on what the car in '07 will offer or include.

But I agree... it's a lot of coin once equipped the way I like it.

Adding another $1,500 brings it way over $40,000.

That's why I started thinking on the lines of the '07 ES350, or the very affordable, fun to drive TL.

I'll have to drive the ES once there's one on the lot to play with.

In the meantime, I may take a TL for a torture run. B)

Well, I'll say this.

My local Lexus dealer, Lexus of Northborough, MA, is full of sales people who know little to nothing about the cars they are selling.

One sales guy claims the new '07 IS is $1,500 more than the '06.

The Internet Sales Manager also told me that the '07 will no longer offer the backup parking sensors.

I cannot confirm either of these facts yet.

Other than that, I have no info on what the car in '07 will offer or include.

But I agree... it's a lot of coin once equipped the way I like it.

Adding another $1,500 brings it way over $40,000.

That's why I started thinking on the lines of the '07 ES350, or the very affordable, fun to drive TL.

I'll have to drive the ES once there's one on the lot to play with.

In the meantime, I may take a TL for a torture run. B)

I have to say, Lexus Carlsbad has very knowledgable sales reps. There was no pressure whatsoever and when we test drove the car he kept telling my wife to floor it to see how powerful it was.

Even after we agreed on a price he took my wife over to this kiosk and started going over the safety features of the car. I almost said to him, "hey, we already agreed to buy it, you don't have to sell us on it anymore" but he was on a roll so I let him go. Learned a few new things about the car that I wasn't aware of too. Our saleman actually owns the same car we bought though so I would have been surprised if he didn't know everything about it.

When I stopped in there a few months ago I had a different guy let me take out both the 250 and a 350 for about a 10 mile test drive and he also encouraged me to get on the throttle to see what they could do.

Acura was also very gracious with test drives on the TL though. I have no complaints with them on that.

I have to say, Lexus Carlsbad has very knowledgable sales reps. There was no pressure whatsoever and when we test drove the car he kept telling my wife to floor it to see how powerful it was.

Even after we agreed on a price he took my wife over to this kiosk and started going over the safety features of the car. I almost said to him, "hey, we already agreed to buy it, you don't have to sell us on it anymore" but he was on a roll so I let him go. Learned a few new things about the car that I wasn't aware of too. Our saleman actually owns the same car we bought though so I would have been surprised if he didn't know everything about it.

When I stopped in there a few months ago I had a different guy let me take out both the 250 and a 350 for about a 10 mile test drive and he also encouraged me to get on the throttle to see what they could do.

Acura was also very gracious with test drives on the TL though. I have no complaints with them on that.

My lexus sales guy had no clue what was going on

Acura was awsome with our test drive they let me and my girl take it out alone, told us to take our time, its nice not having a salesman trying to sell you from the back seat :D

My lexus sales guy had no clue what was going on

Acura was awsome with our test drive they let me and my girl take it out alone, told us to take our time, its nice not having a salesman trying to sell you from the back seat :D

My Acura 'Saleskid' was 19 and fresh out of high school.

His last job was register boy @ TJ Max

He knew some stuff but lacked in some areas.

I didn't seem to mind at all.

Everyone else in the dealership was very friendly and easy to work with.... even had a few laughs.

The 'saleskid' just sat in the back and didn't say much.

At one point, he even asked, "Where are we"

I drove him around for 40 minutes! LOL

I've had unattended testdrives in the past, but this Acura dealer didn't offer them.

It was a fun drive though ;)

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion there is no contest between the two. IS has rear wheels drive the TL does not more horse power if you get the 350 and the quality you cannot beat with the Lexus. Good luck with your decision

Fantastic car. Lexus really did a nice job on the styling. My wife and I were originally considering the Acura TL or the G35 sedan but once she drove the IS it was all over. Granted the IS is a little smaller but it will suit our needs.

I drove the IS250 and the IS350 back to back a few months ago and personally would have preferred the IS350 but she felt that the power was adequate from the 250. Since she's going to be the primary driver I didn't argue with her about it.

It is Matador Red with premium package and 18" wheels. We got them to upgrade to chrome wheels at no extra charge and they will be installed later this week.

lexusis2zf.th.jpg

That's awesome!

Mine is currently on order. Blue Onyx Metallic w/ Cashmere, premium package w/ moonroof and an upgrade to 18" wheels. I hope I can get them chromed.

My dad has the TL and I've taken it out a few times. Great car, excellent value. It is my 2nd favourite car. If the IS250 had more HP for its price, like 240 or 250, then it would be the hands down winner.

The IS350 is a direct comparable to the TL, yet its pricing is a lot more.

That said, if you can afford the IS, you'll be a lot happier with it. The driver is smoother and handling / performance are better. My only compliants are the interior in the TL in terms of the dashboard and instruments are better arranged.

Jamil