Valve Cover Gasket Tutorial Available?

RookieLS

I have a 95 LS400. Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial on replacing the valve cover gaskets for this car? Also, should anything else be done while I'm in there (car has 110,000 miles)? Thanks.

I have a 95 LS400. Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial on replacing the valve cover gaskets for this car? Also, should anything else be done while I'm in there (car has 110,000 miles)? Thanks.

I dont think a diy available for the valve gaskets but it pretty simple process.

I know that on my '94 I'd have to remove the throttle body and intake plumbing, but on the '95 up cars I'm not so sure, because the manifolding is different. But with 110k on the clock, do the plugs and plug wires. Does that generation have coil-on-plug ignition? If not, replace the caps and rotors, and do other stuff like clean out the throttle body, idle control passages, etc., inspect everything and so forth.

Here's what the '95 FSM has on the job:

gallery_1461_201_96088.jpg

gallery_1461_201_39377.jpg

I did mine not too long ago, it's a simple, straight forward job. In addition to Ross's suggestions, I'd check the valve clearances. Has the timing belt been changed?

if i had seen this i would've taken more pics. the job is really easy and straight forward. just remove the covers remove the bolts the voila. just remember their are 8 screws. you might also want to replace the spark plug covers mine broke on the passenger side (NO ROOM to WORK WITH AT ALL, also broke two plastic tabs). they cost about 8 bucks a piece. here's the few pics i took. one shows the under side of the engine with valve cover removed. the others show the broken spark plug covers.

sorry i couldn't upload the pics i got this error:

"THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error."