Can The Gx Use E-85 Ethanol Fuel

dchan865

Anyway know if the GX engine can handle E85 fuel without modification?

It doesn't Toyota has any flexible fuel vehicles.

Right now, with the price difference that exists between E85 and gasoline...E85 does not make dollars and cents sense. While the price is approximately 10% less, you will lose about 20% in fuel milage by switching to E85 instead of gasoline.

The GX470 is NOT a vehicle that can use E85 anyway , but even if it could, I would not.

I would go with E85 if the GX can use it, just to stick it to all those oil producing countries that are holding us hostage. We need to become a energy independent country again, at least somewhat independent.

I would go with E85 if the GX can use it, just to stick it to all those oil producing countries that are holding us hostage. We need to become a energy independent country again, at least somewhat independent.

:chairshot: Please excuse me if I chuckle a bit here. You want to stick it to the oil producing countries and you drive a GX.... ;)

:chairshot: Please excuse me if I chuckle a bit here. You want to stick it to the oil producing countries and you drive a GX.... ;)

So why do you drive a GX, is it that you are a supporter of the oil producing counties?

• 4 weeks later...

GM, Ford, and Chrysler all produce "flex fuel" vehicles and have for quite some time (years.) Most people who own them have no idea their cars can take either E85 or regular gas. There are also a few single cars from Toyota and Nissan that are flex fuel capable. These are typically cars that are manufactured specifically for the US market - like the full size trucks.

• 1 year later...
No. See Your owners manual for detailed info.

How about gas with 10% ethanol? Here in Missouri a lot of stations are providing 85% and 10%.

Darrell

any car sold in the US in the last 20 years or more can use 10% ethanol fuel. We have been required to use it in southeast wisconsin for a decade or more. You can't buy fuel here that does not contain 10% ethanol.