Beeping Sound While Driving

Grumpa72

My wife's '05 330 will give her intermittant triple beeps, according to her. Of course, the seat belt is fastened, all doors closed and locked yet she just drove 5 minutes away and the beeps three times. Can anyone shed light on this? I have not heard it myself so I can't elaborate on it. She says they are faint but still clear.

Gary

Is the parking brake on?

Nope. PB is off, the car is operating normally and all systems seem to be AOK. That is the puzzling part. Since I haven't been in the car with my wife when it happened, I can only report her observations.

Gary

ask her if it happens in the same spot over and over again, like when she just leaves the house and nowhere else...cause the NAV might have saved a "point of interest" and is reminding you of the spot. You can turn this off or switch tones, like a musical one.

ask her if it happens in the same spot over and over again, like when she just leaves the house and nowhere else...cause the NAV might have saved a "point of interest" and is reminding you of the spot. You can turn this off or switch tones, like a musical one.

Good point except no Nav system. It sound like a reminder like the door ajar with the key in it but only softer.

Let's just let thread die since I have no personal experience with it.

Gary

Maybe the beeps aren't coming from the car. Does the wife carry a cell phone?

My Samsung/Verizon phone occasionally makes a few beeps at a tone level fairly similar to what the car makes (although softer) -- I suspect the phone beeps when changing cell towers or searching for a signal.

Maybe the beeps aren't coming from the car. Does the wife carry a cell phone?

My Samsung/Verizon phone occasionally makes a few beeps at a tone level fairly similar to what the car makes (although softer) -- I suspect the phone beeps when changing cell towers or searching for a signal.

Does my wife carry a cell phone? Does the sun come up in the east? ;) Yes she does. I have turned off the signal searching beeps for our phones since we have so many hills here that the beeping (a single beep, btw) was driving us crazy.

Gary

Could these beeps be the VSC kicking in? That's the only thing i can think of.

My wife drives like a granny. ;) Of course, she is but I get yelled at if I go 5 mph over during cornering etc. I can't imagine the VSC kicking in on her without her telling me about sliding all over the road, "saw my life flash before my eyes" kind of thing.

Thank you.

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Could these beeps be the VSC kicking in? That's the only thing i can think of.

My wife drives like a granny. ;) Of course, she is but I get yelled at if I go 5 mph over during cornering etc. I can't imagine the VSC kicking in on her without her telling me about sliding all over the road, "saw my life flash before my eyes" kind of thing.

Thank you.

Gary

the VSC won't necesarily BEEP only when your sliding or losing control. when on an incline, the VSC usually activates when you start rolling back. That's how my GX reacts. Now for an RX330, i've had a loaner several times, and when i let it roll back slowly down my driveway it doesn't BEEP. MY GX does (given the same driveway, rolling down slowly) but the loaners, didn't . :unsure:

no they dont beep, nor have i ever seen my slipping wheel, vsc light ever come on....ever.

Come on up to Alaska and you can see that light come on at any time you want :P

Ita pretty amazing how all the little electronic gizmos work together and bring you back in line all the time--very nice. I tend to take the car out just to play in the snow all the time

• 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 5/14/2006 at 7:27 PM, COZ said:

Is the parking brake on?

Its not that most likely its the part under your car that holds your wheels together get it done asap because it will break while driving and death if you are on the freeway same problem with my wife car

• 6 years later...

I just noticed my Lexus RX 300 beep at me today while I was driving at first I thought it was the car stereo so I had to turn it off after a few driving a few miles the car beeped again so yes I experienced this today and I am trying to reach my electrician to help me run a diagnostic check on the car tomorrow using his machine