Power Steering Is Tight

I got into my car today, started it and noticed I have no power steering . I checked for low fluid and the level is fine . I took it into the garage and had it looked at . They changed the filter in the line which had no effect on making the steering normal . The power Steering pump is working fine with no strange noise's. What could be the promblem causing me to have no power steering? It is a 92 es300 with 220,000 miles on it. The system was flushed with a new filter about 60,000 miles ago. When i drove it home last night and parked it , the steering was fine .

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well found out what was the promblem yesterday , A Ground hog had chewed some wires to the power steering , I know this because it was in my 2006 Colbolt ( not even 300 miles on her ) and ate all the wires in the engine and decided to take a nap there after the feast.

Well found out what was the promblem yesterday , A Ground hog had chewed some wires to the power steering , I know this because it was in my 2006 Colbolt ( not even 300 miles on her ) and ate all the wires in the engine and decided to take a nap there after the feast.

Very strange....I didn't know there were any electrical connections on the power steering components?? Please explain what wires were eaten. :huh:

The powersteering system is vacuum assisted. But the vacuum assists is rolled in & out depending on the speed by the ECU & IAC valve. If the wiring to that solenoid, or whatever was chewed up - then it makes since it would have been stuck in "fast driving" where the powersteering tightens up so you're not flying all over the place with the smallest flick of the wrist.

Makes since I guess. Good mechanic.