Assistance Requested

HRP

Through a lamentable oversight, I neglected to purchase an extended warranty from Lexus on my 2002 LS430. I purchased the car new, and it has received all scheduled maintainance and service at the recommended intervals through Flow Lexus in Kernersville, N.C. The car was purchased in September 2002 and currently has 54,700 miles. I contacted Lexus and was told that they could not make any exception even though the car is less than 4 years old and is only 4700 miles over the 50k warranty limit.

My questions:

1) Has anyone any suggestions as to how I might obtain a Lexus warranty?

2) Has anyone found a reliable warranty service which is easy to deal with and reimburses reasonably and quickly?

3) Realizing that my next service (60k) is going to be expensive 800 - 1000 bucks, what has been the general experience regarding possible and probable problems I might expect from this vehicle over then next 50 k miles?

Thanks,

HRP

I would think twice about getting one at all, on arguably one of the most reliable cars on the road. I have the same opinion on extended warranties on electronics, appliances. They're not offering them to be nice guys, they're doing it because statistically they come out ahead. That's reason enough for me to NOT get them...

Just my .02, you'll always hear stories from people about how they came out "ahead"