Car Bras For Lexus Is 250

Hi,

Do any of you guys know of places that sell car bras for the Lexus IS 250 2006. I've been searching around and my local dealers don't seem to have it (VA). If any of you know of third party providers, please post them.

Thanks.

seriously do not consider a removable leather or pleather bra like LeBra. These can dull the paint and even scratch the paint if there is any dirt or moisture under the actual bra.

If you are looking for paint protection from rock chips then seriously consider the 3M type clear bra.

Your dealer should have details or any high end detailing shop.

steviej

I am getting the 3M type bra on mine as stated above the leather ones are the worst thing you can do.You can get just about everything covered as I am going to do the front of the hood,bumper,mirrors and front edge of the fenders.My car is 1CO also and in the 3K miles I have driven it I have picked up more chips than I am comfortable with.

Just had one put on a blue onyx pearl. Took the guy 6 hours to put on. Do not attempt to put the kit on yourself. The guy that installed mine had been factory trained, performing these bras for 3 years and still had issues with it. Cost was 650.00 in Cincinnati. I do not care for it, but need to have it. Next car will not be driven from the lot without it.

www.xpel.com

• 1 month later...

seriously do not consider a removable leather or pleather bra like LeBra. These can dull the paint and even scratch the paint if there is any dirt or moisture under the actual bra.

If you are looking for paint protection from rock chips then seriously consider the 3M type clear bra.

Your dealer should have details or any high end detailing shop.

steviej

Over time, won't the clear bra discolor and look like crap?

At least that is what I have seen on cars a few years old

and what about waxing, won't wax prematurely discolor the clear "plastic"?

Any opinions, comments, suggestions & flames (if necessary) are welcome

Thank you

• 1 month later...

3m makes one of the best films. It is guaranteed to not fade or yellow also it can be waxed easily and look good.

I was just about to get the 3M Clear Bra but when I went to the shop that does they said they switched to something called VentureShield. From my research it sounds like pretty good stuff. Anyone had any experience with either 3M or VentureShield? VentureShield has an independent comparison on their website that looks pretty good (of course).

3m makes one of the best films. It is guaranteed to not fade or yellow also it can be waxed easily and look good.

I was just about to get the 3M Clear Bra but when I went to the shop that does they said they switched to something called VentureShield. From my research it sounds like pretty good stuff. Anyone had any experience with either 3M or VentureShield? VentureShield has an independent comparison on their website that looks pretty good (of course).

I bought one from Ebay for my mom's Prius, it is VERY HARD to install! I didn't buy the 3M one because I just want to get one to practice, so I bought a cheaper one. If you have money, have the professional do it for you. Although it protects the hood and bumpers from chips, if you take it off couple years later, it might leave a mark along the edge due to oxidation difference.

I had the 3M bra put on and it's a great investment. I wouldn't get a leather bra. On a recent road trip, I got a couple of pinholes (on the #M stoneguard) on the rear/side view mirrors but no damage to the paint. Get a pro to do it. The front bumper on the IS is arted 5/5 on the difficulty scale to install. I think it took the guy 4-5 hours just for the front. I had the hood (18"), front bumper, front edge of fenders, rear/side view mirrors. door handles and the top edge on the rear bumper (good for avoiding scuff mark when lugging heavier stuff from the truck like my hockey bag). Total cost, taxes incl. was $675 CDN (approx $600 US). Next up will be the rear fenders and the panels (front to rear wheel wells, about 4-6" high)