Lexus Personalized Settings

I haven't had the personalized settings done at the Lexus dealer yet. Originally, I had planned to have this done at the 5000 mile free service. The check sheet says the customize features must be programmed by your Lexus dealer. I would like to change a couple of them now at 2000 miles, but don't want to take the RX400h in yet to the dealer.

The dealer is required to change the default settings only once. That seems silly. Anyone figure out how to do each of the personalized settings? It can't be that hard.

some of them can be done, some of them cant be done. They should be in your manual. Also, they can do it more than once, but you just have to pay, the first time is complimentary.

Things i have done by myself on that list:

unlock door when car is placed into park

actually that is the only thing ive done...just call your service manager, (or get one) and tell him you dont want a service but make an appointment for changing the settings.

my dealer will change the settings at no charge if you are in there for another service, so check with your dealer and see if they will do the same. that way you wont feel like you are stuck with a setting you wish was different.

Thanks for the replies. I hope someone has figured out the programming of personal settings and will respond back. Otherwise, I guess I will spend the free visit to Lexus to do it. The manual doesn't cover this and refers you to the dealer.

Although I opted to accept the default settings, my dealer (Columbia, SC) told me that they would come to my home (over 70 miles) to do a one-time complimentary re-programming of the settings..you might want to check with the Service Manager about your dealer's policy...

I haven't had the personalized settings done at the Lexus dealer yet. Originally, I had planned to have this done at the 5000 mile free service. The check sheet says the customize features must be programmed by your Lexus dealer. I would like to change a couple of them now at 2000 miles, but don't want to take the RX400h in yet to the dealer.

The dealer is required to change the default settings only once. That seems silly. Anyone figure out how to do each of the personalized settings? It can't be that hard.