Unexplained Music Box Noise In Interior

dirtstu

Posting for a friend.

Friends claims and others in car say they hear a "music box" type noise come ocassially from the front drivers side dash board on a 2006 RX 330.

This happened a few times while driving down the road.

Described as a musical tune that sounds like a wind up "music box".

They asked the dealer about this and like me think they are off thier rocker but, several paasengers have heard the noise also.

Is it time to see the shrink? or is this some cute way to notify of something going on with the car that needs attention?

Thanks

You have a marked point or destination in your Nav's memory with an audio tag on it. In the Nav menu you can link a point of interest to have 1 of 4 different musical tones. Each time you pass near the point of interest, the nav will make that chosen chime.

You have a marked point or destination in your Nav's memory with an audio tag on it. In the Nav menu you can link a point of interest to have 1 of 4 different musical tones. Each time you pass near the point of interest, the nav will make that chosen chime.

That would make sense!

I will check with the owner and see if that is it.

They did not take highly the fact that myself and others suggested a visit to the shrink.

Thanks

Dirtstu

That would make sense!

I will check with the owner and see if that is it.

They did not take highly the fact that myself and others suggested a visit to the shrink.

Thanks

Dirtstu

The marked point of intrest was it !!

Thanks to mehullica ..... You know more than the people that sell Lexus and it sounds like you have enlightened a few people on this board.

I personally drive a Ford Super Duty Diesel truck and often answer questions such as this on DieselStop.Com.

Owner boards rule!

Dirtstu

;)