Traction Control Is Annoying!

I just picked up an '06 IS 350 5 days ago and have put almost 700 miles on it (mostly city miles). So, I finally floored it today :) Pulls similarly to my old 350z, but does it with much more class! I love the car so far!

Anyone else annoyed with the fact that the Traction control turns itself back on after a certain speed? SO ANNOYING!!! You turn TC off, take off in 1st gear & the damn thing turns itself back on at the end of first gear, and prevents the top end wheel spin, killing performance!!!

Any chips, tricks, or other solutions out there for this???

Thanks! :)

start the car with the parking brake on ....then tap your foot on the brake twice....(keep the foot down on the brake)....then tap the parking brake twice (keep it down )....repeat process if necessery and then you'll see that the skid light on dash comes on.

This will cancel VDIM and Trac control completely until you turn the car off and then turn it back on.

Dont worry, I tried it, it works, it's awsome!

Where in the manual does it say 650 miles for break-in period?

I went to 1000 Miles for mine, but my car came with 33 miles on it already so who knows how it was driven during those 33 miles. I have always heard 100 miles for beakin or 500 miles. I would think now a days the manufacturer breaks the engines in at the plant to make sure it runs ok before shipping out.

Somehow I don't understand how wheelspin past launch is going to help performance.

Because when traction control goes off, it kills performance

Plus its just more fun to be able to spin the wheels whenever you please :cheers:

Found the breakin info.. it says 621 miles. Not required but recommended.

Wow that comes to 1000km. What a coincidence. :P I'm considering building a black box to simulate the VDIM/TRAC defeat and avoid the pedal dance.

• 2 years later...
I just picked up an '06 IS 350 5 days ago and have put almost 700 miles on it (mostly city miles). So, I finally floored it today :) Pulls similarly to my old 350z, but does it with much more class! I love the car so far!

Anyone else annoyed with the fact that the Traction control turns itself back on after a certain speed? SO ANNOYING!!! You turn TC off, take off in 1st gear & the damn thing turns itself back on at the end of first gear, and prevents the top end wheel spin, killing performance!!!

Any chips, tricks, or other solutions out there for this???

Thanks! :)

"pedal dance for 2006 IS350"

"pedal dance for 2006 IS350":

Traction control (off):

1) start car, then press down parking brake with left foot, take foot off while parking brake is down and red light is illuminated on dash.

2) press down foot brake and release foot brake all the way each time, do this three (3) times in a row, then hold down foot brake with right foot.

3) while holding the foot brake down with right foot, press down the parking brake with left foot to release it until the red light on dash goes off, do this also three (3) times in a row (make sure the red light comes on and goes off throughout each cycle, make sure the right foot stays on the foot brake throughout this step).

4) take left foot off parking brake after step 3 above.

5) release the foot brake with right foot, followed by pushing it down again and releasing two (2) more times until the yellow traction / skid light icon illuminates on dash. This will indicate the traction control is off, when yellow icon / light stays on.

6) traction control will be reset back to default (on) when car is turned off.