07 Es Up On Lexus.com!

SW03ES

I'm liking the new car a lot, sheesh maybe I need to upgrade...
Your '03 looks so much better than the 350. ;) The exterior is ok, the ugly rear end notwithstanding, and I still can't get over the weird, semi-circle a/c vents inside.

Your '03 looks so much better than the 350. ;) The exterior is ok, the ugly rear end notwithstanding, and I still can't get over the weird, semi-circle a/c vents inside.

I get the feeling that the new ES is going to grow on people much like the 02-06 model did. When it first came out I thought it was pretty ugly, but its grown on me a lot. The new one has grown on me a lot already. The center vents are still bizarre though.

My desire to upgrade doesn't come from the styling, it comes from the features. The new ES addresses a LOT of the issues I have with my ES including:

1. The power. While mine isn't slow the acceleration feels labored at times.

2. The power/tilt telesoping steering wheel. I miss this every time I start or turn off the car.

3. Side by side tach/speedo

4. Bluetooth with voice phonebook and dialing

5. Smart key. After driving the Prius using keys is so inconvienient.

6. Parking sensors/backup camera

7. Automatic smog sensor, its nice not have to select between recirculation and outside air.

All the other added features like the panoramic roof, theupgraded leather with the UL package, the adaptive lighting, the adaptive cruise control, and the more in depth cruise control are just bonuses.

I probably wont do anything until next summer when I can decide if I want another ES or want to/can spring for an LS.

dare i say it, the oval dash by the ac vents have grown on me; i didnt want it to happen, it just did.

its getting expensive, unlike the previous version. with evewrything i want, its 9 thousand over msrp. I better just save up for the LS.

dare i say it, the oval dash by the ac vents have grown on me; i didnt want it to happen, it just did.

its getting expensive, unlike the previous version. with evewrything i want, its 9 thousand over msrp. I better just save up for the LS.

I was just thinking that also!

It will continue to grow on us just like the previous version did.

Actually the pricing has stayed pretty much the same. The car optioned like my car is still around $39k, like its always been. The UL package is new and includes things the ES has never seen before at a $4500 premium which isn't bad.

Sp $36k for a premium package car with no nav, $39k for the navi and ML car, and $43500 for the UL car. Thats not a big increase. You get a lot more features for that money compared to premium cars than you used to also.

The difference between a UL ES and a UL LS460 (non LWB) is still $25,000(or more since we have no pricing for the LS460 yet. Still nothing to scoff at, thats a difference in payment of nearly $500 a month.

I'm still bummed theres no ES400h. If there was an ES400h I absolutely would trade tomorrow. For now I'll wait until next year when I can assess whether I want another ES or I'm ready to do the LS. Hard to believe my ES already has 70k on it. Its been a great car, had some warranty work and its not quite as solid as an LS with this kind of mileage but it still rides like the day I brought it home.

I just got a call from my Lexus dealer to try out the ES350, but I have mixed emotions since my '03 ES has a total of 15,800 miles on the odometer........unless of course they give me a fabulous deal on a trade in. :)

I just got a call from my Lexus dealer to try out the ES350, but I have mixed emotions since my '03 ES has a total of 15,800 miles on the odometer........unless of course they give me a fabulous deal on a trade in.

whoa, i have an '04 with 49 thousand coming up. lol, you should get a good trade in deal with that kind of milage.

im getting kind of sick of my rx330, just cant wait till i can see the LS in person

I just got a call from my Lexus dealer to try out the ES350, but I have mixed emotions since my '03 ES has a total of 15,800 miles on the odometer........unless of course they give me a fabulous deal on a trade in. :)

If the tranny shifts better it might be worth it just to have that lol

Comin to DC? Shoot me a line when, we'll have to grab some lunch or something. Fight about tires in person ;)

Sounds like a plan! B) We'll be in DC on May 6th & will be in town for 2 weeks. ;) I should PM you on where were staying.......but it's in the Capital Heights/Largo area, near FedEx Field.....tell me that's a good area. :blink: :)

:cheers:

Hmmm...I can't really tell you thats a good area LOL.

I'd rethink that...I'll send you a PM

Oh boy lol. :blink:

I replied Steve. My wife's the one who has been to DC before so I am kind of flying blind lol. :whistles:

:cheers: