Why O Why?

So I go to the dealer to get an oil change and I walk around the showroom while I wait for my car....

Why do the ES, GS and IS.... ALL look the same! I actually saw the new Camry and it looks just like a GS.

Come on Toyota, you must have at least ONE engineer with some design skills over there...Why the same taillight design on all those models?

The new GS just doesn't do it for me. I like my 2nd generation much more. Still a beautiful car and the design to me was (back in 98-2000) ahead of it's time.

Even though the body style stayed the same from 98-2005, most people dont believe that a 98, 99, 2000 etc is that old....meaning when people ask me what year my car is and I tell them 98.they say "really!"...I thought your car was at least a 2002.."its nice!"

The design of the new Lexus line-up will get old real quick. The IS GS ES etc just don't stand out on the road.

Opinions?????

So I go to the dealer to get an oil change and I walk around the showroom while I wait for my car....

Why do the ES, GS and IS.... ALL look the same! I actually saw the new Camry and it looks just like a GS.

That is by design (look up L-finesse ;)). Whether anyone agrees or how far Lexus want to take it is in the air. If you look at BMW, MB, and Audi, all their cars in a generation has a certain similar feel to them. Lexus is trying to do that this time around. Even the newer Infiniti and Acura cars are somewhat this way.

Agree, I keep seeing Volkwagens in the rear view and thinking its the new GS - as smart as it looks, it's not distinctive. Now I keep thinking what a good looking car my MKI GS is. But then that might all be down to not being able to afford a newer one :)