Whats A Bfi

I was on the mods. forum and a guy suggested a BFI, Im guessing a big fat intake.

Its where you cut a hole in your air box and route an intake to the front grill area. where you could put 200 pounds of concrete int that gigantic open area in front of the radiator. Its a ghetto intake basicly and its better than the ones people sell.

That home made intake is your best option...Use the K@N flat filter over stock on that application.. That same write up is on intellexual.net....Also that plywood funnel under the head light deal will rot away over time. I suggest using plastic sheeting or even sheet metal instead which is lighter in weight and will last longer....Good Luck

I have the injen intake tube with a Rod Millen huge filter pod, the funnel under the headlight I made with plastic sheeting. Also have a plastic heat shield around the filter to protect from engine robbing heat..Also, inside the snorkle tubing I have installed air breaker inserts...Don't know if my intake flows any better then the BFI deal.but it looks better atleast, oh well.....Here is a pic...

post-13978-1145808389.jpg

I have purchased a sheet of abs plastic and polypropelene to make a BFI on my 95 400 , if anyone knows of a better design than the BFI-3 , please let me know.:whistles:

If you use sheet metal with 1/2 insulating foam on the intake box area you will reduce the engine heat from getting thru to your intake air...Remember colder air is dense and makes more power thn expanded heated air...Something the BFI experts don't consider...Hence the term COLD BOX INTAKE for max power..