Rear End

My 92 SC400 has a "one wheel wonder" that I would like to get rid of. Do you guys know of a bolt on LSD rear end that is completly compatable. If im not mistaking LSD was an option on the SC400. Anyone know where i can get the LSD rear end will it just bolt right up? Thanks.

i dont think they ever came with the option but a supra TT will fit with driveshaft mods i think... maybe jibby can chime in and help. otherwise just get a TRD LSD its probably adjustable so you can tone down the clutch noise

I would be happy to join in on this party...To answer the question of how to get rid of the one wheel wonder sc differential, well there are several options depending on your preference and budget..

TRD LSD -makes a wicked LSD which bolts on to your existing one wheel wonder differential.. Much money for one but is the best...

KAAZ LSD - Which I have owned and tried and dumped. Too agressive and too much maintenance and noise around turns, price $900.

1993 and newer Supra Twin Turbo LSD is the best choice to maintain the normal driving conditions like stock. You can buy one used at a junk yard for around $500 like I did... Bolts right on and is an identical match and bolt patterns as your SC400. ALso the differential gearing ratio is the same on the Automatics.. I installed mine myself and it took me two hours to swap....Not that hard, but does require some muscle if you do not have the proper jacks....I muscled it in on my back on the ground.. A tranny shop should not charge you no more than $300 to change out...

The Supra Twin Turbo LSD Torsen as mentioned above is a torch sensing LSD and is great for normal driving conditions, you will get two wheel burnouts...but it is not like a Detroit locker LSD by any means of the imagination.....Good luck I hope this info helps...

Keep in mind when upgrading the Sc's for performance look to the tt supra for interchangeable parts..Suspension, brakes, LSD, control arms, etc... The subframes are identical between the two cars so most parts bolt right on...