Latest Tsb Released For "clunk"

trebien

Nica, you are lucky. I am still waiting for the parts. After I pushed parts director once every week, he disclosed that there are still 10-11 people waiting for the parts ahead of me. Now it has been 2 months. Hopeless!!

Yes, I was very fortunate to have the TSB done on my vehicle. Apparently, in my area only 3 or 4 vehicles actually got the TSB :unsure: I thought it was weird but I guess some people don't really notice it. I'm definitely enjoying my car.

Hope you get yours done soon....that goes out to all of you out there, wish you luck.

Well, I had finally got it done :) .

And as promised - they did bring me the loaner, picked up my truck and brought it back. At the end - problem fixed. It does drive so much better than before.

After all - I would probably be happy to stuck with Lexus for the rest of my life. GX rocks!!

i have it done on the 9th of november but what they told me that i might still experience some clunk but not as bad as before. they told me that nothing is wrong with it and just upgraded the questionable parts. anyway i still have 5 years on the warranty..

i have it done on the 9th of november but what they told me that i might still experience some clunk but not as bad as before. they told me that nothing is wrong with it and just upgraded the questionable parts. anyway i still have 5 years on the warranty..

That seems a little odd to me, I had mine done and I have no more clunk. What did they replace?

I think to be in the safe side thats what they told me. they replaced Rear Propeller shaft and rear suspension control arm.

You may be right erick because if I'm not mistaken that is what they did on my vehicle...I'm going to check my paper work again. :geek:

Well here's my paperwork that i scanned and edited because the guys at the 4Runner forum are having nightmares in trying to get their clunk fixed....

tsbwrite-up.jpg

P.S. Notice the other work i had done on my GX, WEATHERSTRIPS.:wacko:

denslexusgx470, I am still trying to be patient. It has been almost

3 months but you waited for 3 years! So, I should not complain it.

However, I am getting tired of receiving the same reply that my

name is on the list without any promised delivery date...... I do not

really understand what is going on at Toyota/Lexus. Does 4Runner

also have the same problem "clunk"?

denslexusgx470, I am still trying to be patient. It has been almost

3 months but you waited for 3 years! So, I should not complain it.

However, I am getting tired of receiving the same reply that my

name is on the list without any promised delivery date...... I do not

really understand what is going on at Toyota/Lexus. Does 4Runner

also have the same problem "clunk"?

Yes unfortunately(but i only have 2wd so it doesnt concern me). They're even worse. At least we are entertained at Lexus for the clunk, guys at the 4Runner forum, none of them are even close to getting the new shaft, and control arm, and whatever else is needed. All they get is greasing. They have already printed my service write-up many times, and the dealers will not accept them, nor even read them. So it's better to be waiting for something, rather to be not waiting for it , or to be waiting for nothing, know what I'm sayin? ;)

It's like waiting for your car, your excited to get it, especially if it just came out. I had that same waiting process, and it seemed like eternity to get a GX but it only took a month before i got one.

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I bought a used 2004 GX. Stupid me I started researching after I bought the vehicle. Anyway, took mine to my dealer and they said I had the "clunk". Said I might be lucky because they had may have an shaft lying around that a customer ordered and never came back to get fixed. So, unlike some of you poor guys who have been waiting years for the part, I might just get it done my first week. Sorry to bum you out.

Question regarding the "clunk" TSB. What's this I was reading on another thread about when they fix the driveshaft they do something with the factory height adjustment settings? Do I need to talk to my service advisor about this? What exactly should I be concerned about?

Make sure they replace the drive shaft and the lower control arms, thats what the TSB calls for. They are suppose to check the rear ride height and adjust if necassary on the air suspension when they do the TSB.

Make sure they replace the drive shaft and the lower control arms, thats what the TSB calls for. They are suppose to check the rear ride height and adjust if necassary on the air suspension when they do the TSB.

The 2 upper control arms also get replaced.

The G Man,

Thank you for your advice. I don't know how many times I sent

reminders to the dealer. Anyway, today Lexus seems to have

released(shipped) the parts and I hope it will be just a matter of

a few more weeks that I must be patient. Maybe, X'mas present

....if I am lucky.

The G Man,

Thank you for your advice. I don't know how many times I sent

reminders to the dealer. Anyway, today Lexus seems to have

released(shipped) the parts and I hope it will be just a matter of

a few more weeks that I must be patient. Maybe, X'mas present

....if I am lucky.

Has anyone recently noticed delays in the parts required for this TSB, going to take mine next week.

thanks

dacf, yes unfortunately i think it's been a little tough lately to get the parts in. As you may notice if you read the last 2 or 3 pages before this, member Nica had a hard time getting the parts for the car.

But since you have a new GX, it doesn't matter and you have plenty of time to get it fixed. ;)

We have been waiting for the parts for over 15 weeks. The lexus dealer in MN told us they send out a bad batch of parts and had to recall them due to they were not fixing the problem. The said it could be another 6 weeks.

Has eanyone come across this? :o

We have been waiting for the parts for over 15 weeks. The lexus dealer in MN told us they send out a bad batch of parts and had to recall them due to they were not fixing the problem. The said it could be another 6 weeks.

Has eanyone come across this? :o

Went to dealer today, was told that they must confirm problem first before any parts can be ordered, then allow 2 weeks for parts to come in......we will see.

TSB for my GX has been completed. Very smooth and nice ride.

I am very happy now. Thanks everybody who has kindly given

me comment on this clunk issue.

Still nothing from my dealer in Austin, TX and it has been more than 6 Months!!!!! Everytime I hear same comment, "the parts are on back-order" :angry:

Hello,

My dealer( in SF Bay area) finally got some (was told they received four) in stock and I just dropped mine off at the shop. Hopefully when I get my rig back today, it should be fix. So for those of you that are still waiting, I hope you'll get your parts soon.

Good luck.

Once Nica mentioned about the height of the vehicle relating to TSB

for the clunk in the past.

Lexus dealership has completed TSB of my GX but it looks like the

height of rear part of my vehicle has been changed and it is slightly

higher than before(or factory setting). I will bring it to the dealership

tomorrow, but has someone experienced the same thing? Is there any

problem due to the change of height, fuel economy etc.?

Once Nica mentioned about the height of the vehicle relating to TSB

for the clunk in the past.

Lexus dealership has completed TSB of my GX but it looks like the

height of rear part of my vehicle has been changed and it is slightly

higher than before(or factory setting). I will bring it to the dealership

tomorrow, but has someone experienced the same thing? Is there any

problem due to the change of height, fuel economy etc.?

Not that I know of. Is the height difference so significant that the dealership should ought to look at it? Mine's the same height difference. Sometimes the system has the rear end higher when you turn the vehicle off, just the system adjusting to weight, road clearance, etc.. It's normal. Once I did load about 20 or 25 boxes of Pergo laminate flooring and the height throughout the trip was at normal but once I removed the boxes, the height was waaay much higher to compensate for the weight. lol. ;)