Latest Tsb Released For "clunk"

trebien

My Lord, 12 pgs on the Clunk. Well let me get out my bat to beat this pile of glue which used to be a dead horse. I got the TSB done on my '05. It wasn't that bad, but if there's a fix I want it. Well, now it's three times as bad as it ever was. Hopefully, they just made a mistake and gave me the original parts. Of course, the Parts Dept said that this isn't possible since "they recalled all of the old parts and took them out of recirculation". Good times. Guess I'll start over.

But when did you have the TSB done though?? Maybe the TSB you had done, was one of the older unsuccessful ones! I've been through all of Toyota's attempts and TSB and I'm finally glad they completely figured it out with this last current one. :cheers::cheers:

Interesting...I'll have to look into this. I think it was this year. Do you know of a cutoff date when the TSB should be the latest version?

Flukechance, I have no idea when the latest TSB was released, but I would take a wild guess that if you had your GX serviced for the clunk, somewhere between Apr 06-now, I think you should have the latest TSB.

Will the TSB and parts replacement include a 2003 GX470 with 29,800 miles and out of their standard warranty period? Thank you.

If you make enough noise about it, you can get it done for nothing....as it should be. It's been a known issue with this vehicle and Lexus should have fixed it permanently as soon as they knew it. But, they say because it is not a safety issue, they will only fix it if a customer complains and if it is still under the 50,000 warranty.

You will see on the newest TSB that part of this service is covered to 70,000 miles and part only until 50,000 miles. Even my Lexus dealership did not know that part of it was covered under the 70,000 mile drivetrain warranty. I had to tell them to check the latest TSB.

In the end, I got the whole thing done for nothing on my 2004 GX470 with over 60,000 miles.

The newest TSB is April 2006. If anyone wants a copy of it, PM me with your email address and I will email you a PDF of it.

Will the TSB and parts replacement include a 2003 GX470 with 29,800 miles and out of their standard warranty period? Thank you.

If you make enough noise about it, you can get it done for nothing....as it should be. It's been a known issue with this vehicle and Lexus should have fixed it permanently as soon as they knew it. But, they say because it is not a safety issue, they will only fix it if a customer complains and if it is still under the 50,000 warranty.

You will see on the newest TSB that part of this service is covered to 70,000 miles and part only until 50,000 miles. Even my Lexus dealership did not know that part of it was covered under the 70,000 mile drivetrain warranty. I had to tell them to check the latest TSB.

In the end, I got the whole thing done for nothing on my 2004 GX470 with over 60,000 miles.

The newest TSB is April 2006. If anyone wants a copy of it, PM me with your email address and I will email you a PDF of it.

Thank you very much... I will speak with my dealer about it... please email a copy of the TSB to me at dlb20011@aol.com... appreciate it.

Newbie here. Just got an 07 GX. Please send a copy my way as well if you don't mind.

chieplai@gmail.com

Thank you very much... I will speak with my dealer about it... please email a copy of the TSB to me at dlb20011@aol.com... appreciate it.

Thanks for all your help. My 03 GX goes in on Tuesday for the CLUNK and an A/C problem. Still covered under extended warranty. When you have a chance can you also send me the TSB from april.

johnbadami@optonline.net

Thanks,

john

Please send me a copy of the newest TSB on the clunk issue. I have a new 2007 and thankfully no clunk problems and I am hoping that the issue has been cured. I will keep the TSB for future reference if I this problem pops up. My email is: gcpaer@earthlink.net

Thanks!

Thanks for all your help. My 03 GX goes in on Tuesday for the CLUNK and an A/C problem. Still covered under extended warranty. When you have a chance can you also send me the TSB from april.

johnbadami@optonline.net

Thanks,

john

Went in today for clunk and A/C problem. The A/C is now down to 40 degrees and the parts for the TSB CLUNK are on order with a 2 day to 3 week wait. They will only fix if you ask and still a backordered part.

Please send me a copy of the newest TSB on the clunk issue. I have a new 2007 and thankfully no clunk problems and I am hoping that the issue has been cured. I will keep the TSB for future reference if I this problem pops up. My email is: gcpaer@earthlink.net

Thanks!

I will send the same attachment that Chexation sent me. They wont keep it or refer to it since they have updated info on their computer but they will know that YOU KNOW. Good luck.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I am new here and just got a 2003 GX 470. First I need to ask...what exactly is this "clunk"???? I am concerened and sure hope my "new" car doesn't have it!!!

Please send me a copy of the newest TSB on the clunk issue as well. I will keep the TSB for future reference if this problem pops up. My email is: variniasumner@yahoo.com

Thanks so much! :)

Hi, I am new here and just got a 2003 GX 470. First I need to ask...what exactly is this "clunk"???? I am concerened and sure hope my "new" car doesn't have it!!!

Please send me a copy of the newest TSB on the clunk issue as well. I will keep the TSB for future reference if this problem pops up. My email is: variniasumner@yahoo.com

Thanks so much! :)

can someone PM me the new TSB for the clunk , I have the 2004 GX 470 only heard it one time , just begining at 10,000 miles ,

thanks

Hey guys, the TSB numbers are somewhere in here! lol... But ok I'll be nice and I researched which pages they're located at....

It was first listed on page 2, but I uploaded a scanned version of my service write-up on page 9. Hope that helps. :cheers:

newbie second post.

I just purchased a CPO '03 GX from a local dealer.

What exactly is this "clunk" and will i recognize it?

I confirmed that the dealer has not done the TSB for this problem, but i'm not sure if i have even experienced the "clunk" yet either. I've only had the car a week. Once or twice while coming to a stop i did feel a small "clunk" but it was not severe and was inconsistent. Is the the infamous "clunk?"

Guidance appreciated. Thanks.

What exactly is this "clunk" and will i recognize it?

When you come to a stop, it feels as though a car hit your backend. It doesn't always happen at every stop, but it is just irritating and unsettling.

What you have experienced is probably what the "clunk". Keep driving it for a few weeks to see if it is something that bothers you.

Could you send a copy of the TSB to djkim@iland.net Thank You Darrell

had the TSB service done to my '07 GX470 just after July 4th. Problem solved. No clunk, no "push from back" and much smoother acceleration/deceleration all around. Honestly was dubious about the mechanicals involved, but apparently the engineers correctly identified and resolved the problem. took about 2 weeks to get the parts.

had the TSB service done to my '07 GX470 just after July 4th. Problem solved. No clunk, no "push from back" and much smoother acceleration/deceleration all around. Honestly was dubious about the mechanicals involved, but apparently the engineers correctly identified and resolved the problem. took about 2 weeks to get the parts.

Glad it worked out for you and you didnt have to go thru all the hassle over these years. Took Toyota a loong time to figure it out, but once they did, it was well worth it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I had a new driveshaft installed and about 6k miles later, the clunk came back. At first the dealer said it was being caused by a water bottle rolling around under the driver's seat (from a competing Lexus dealer, no less!). I had them pick the truck up to re-assess their conclusion and they replaced the shaft and control arms. So far, so good. I'll give it another few thousand miles to see if it comes back. Hopefully, this will do the trick and end the clunk issues for all of us!

:D

Guys, I have an '03 with 84K miles. Does this replacement only cover vehicles under warranty?

- JF in Austin, Texas

hey guys update the rest of us here and mention ANY time the clunk comes up with this new tsb. if it completely solves the problem then i will have mine done also. i hope i hear good updates ASAP cuz my warranty's running out(44k miles) and am in the middle of a decision whether to mortgage this Gx after the lease is up or get a new one. ;)

No worries on the warranty. Lexus is honoring this TSIB as a drivetrain warranty (per the released TSIB to dealers). The drivetrain warranty is 72 months or 70,000 miles. Complete OFFICIAL TSIB from Lexus is here (hosted here due to size of attachment): http://www.faqlexus.com/index.php?action=a...&artlang=en

• 1 month later...
hey guys update the rest of us here and mention ANY time the clunk comes up with this new tsb. if it completely solves the problem then i will have mine done also. i hope i hear good updates ASAP cuz my warranty's running out(44k miles) and am in the middle of a decision whether to mortgage this Gx after the lease is up or get a new one. ;)

No worries on the warranty. Lexus is honoring this TSIB as a drivetrain warranty (per the released TSIB to dealers). The drivetrain warranty is 72 months or 70,000 miles. Complete OFFICIAL TSIB from Lexus is here (hosted here due to size of attachment): http://www.faqlexus.com/index.php?action=a...&artlang=en

Good finding Reboot! I'll put a side note on the title to help new owners find the TSB right away :cheers:

• 5 weeks later...