Engine Noise

hi gs guys, first off i must sau that the gs 400 is one of the best cars in the market, i dont care what yr u have , just be proud u have it.

now to the problem i have ---when i accelerate hard in my car, i hear this noise coming from the engine right before it pushes off, this happens in any gear whether i am in the manual mode or not. ill give a better description of the problem but it will only make sense to the people that have driven a stick car before.

you know when you are (lets say in 4th gear in a stick vehicle ) and you slow to a low speed, when you try to accelerate without shifting down, there is a clutch noise that the car makes which continues till you attain the right speed---thats exactly what my car sounds like when i press down hard on the gas pedal.

i spoke to a lexus worker and he claimed not to know what i meant. said i needed to bring the car in but thats money right there. its good to know that i heard a similar sound in a 745 i in front of me and was puzzled. please someone help for i have put in 800 dollars already into my gs in the last month.

:(

Sorry but I don’t know what a clutch noise is, as the clutch doesn’t make a noise as in your description it’s the engine that makes the odd noise when the gear selected is too high for the speed of the car. Maybe the UJ’s are on their way out.

Hopefully some one else on here will have a better answer for you

Do you mean like a engine knocking noise when you take off?

thanks for replying. no its not an engine knock noise and i dont think its coming from the engine either. it has to do with the trans.

it gives me no problems but i just want to be aware of what it might be so ill prepare for it if it ever grows into a problem

Sorry but I don’t know what a clutch noise is, as the clutch doesn’t make a noise as in your description it’s the engine that makes the odd noise when the gear selected is too high for the speed of the car. Maybe the UJ’s are on their way out.

Hopefully some one else on here will have a better answer for you

thanks. the noise is not from the engine, that was my mistake putting it on writing that way, it stems from the trans. a trans mechanic drove it and told me my trans was in good condition. ITS GOOD TO NOTE THAT HE THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE MY TIMING BELT. IS THERE A WAY TO KNOW WHEN TIMING BELTS ARE READY TO GIVE WAY?