Ground Wire Connections

I just bought a greddy voltage stabalizer & ground wire kit. Figured I see if it improves anything. Anyway the voltage stabalizer is easy enough to mount and hook up. The ground wires mount on a bracket connected to the negative battery terminal. It has 7 wires attached. My question is where is the best location to connect the ground wires? Does it matter really? Thanks in advance. I have a 93 ES300 just in case it makes a difference.

Connect the ground to the chassis, make sure you have a good connection. A star washer between the wire connectors and the chassis adds bite into the metal and provides solid connection.

The main connections to change are the

- battery to chassis

-battery to engine block

-battery to engine head

+ battery to starter

+ battery to fuse supply

+ battery*( or main fuse location) to alternator

no other points needed as it can create ground loops

I'm told that for best results, ground the intake manifold, engine block and the stock grounds. In some cars it'll make a world of difference. I drove an RSX before and after (without realizing it) the guy installed a grounding kit. part throttle and low speed driving improved a bit. In another friend's G35, it stabalized the idle.

Just an update. I did install the new ground wires. The difference that is most notoceble fo me is the whine from the alternator is gone and my system does not have that hine either. I agree that this should be considered part of a tune-up on an older model car.

i under stand the adding grounds and i can see how that will help. but i have a question what is the Voltage Stabilizer? is it a big capacitor or something? does anyone know? can i make one out of something? I have seen them before and thought it was a lot of money for something that might not do anything

• 2 weeks later...