1992 Ls400 Hesitation

mdls400

ok..here is the problem with my 1992 LS400..i just relplaced the alternator and the power steering pump in it and was running fine after i was done..the next day i get in it to go to work and when i take off it starts to hesitate..when i start the car it idles fine and all but once it's put into gear you can feel a little hesitation and when you take off it hesitates..can somebody please help me figure this one out??

thanks..

ok..here is the problem with my 1992 LS400..i just relplaced the alternator and the power steering pump in it and was running fine after i was done..the next day i get in it to go to work and when i take off it starts to hesitate..when i start the car it idles fine and all but once it's put into gear you can feel a little hesitation and when you take off it hesitates..can somebody please help me figure this one out??

thanks..

Did you replace the Air Control Valve (ACV) when you replaced the Pump? It should be replaced at the same time because if the pump is leaking the ACV has probably been dead for a while.

The good news is that you don't have to remove the pump to replace the ACV.

• 3 months later...

I had the same exact problem with my 1992 LS400, and I cleaned my throttle body, fuel system, checked vacuum lines and replaced the Throttle Position Sensor, none of this solved my problem.

I finally took it to my Master Mechanic, and he diagnosed the problem. He tested the plugs and wires and found that the RH ignition coil was bad. He replaced the coil, distributor cap and rotor on the right side. Car runs great now.