The Es 350 And The Camry Almost Identical

cardona6569

wow im about to hit myself on the head... ive had a day full of embarassign events.

your comment about the "shallow" and how it could ban me, or stuart in this case, i thought you were reffering to my comment about "shallow people". didnt remember what i actually put and thought you were talking about me. okay nvm. i think ill call it a day

wow im about to hit myself on the head... ive had a day full of embarassign events.

your comment about the "shallow" and how it could ban me, or stuart in this case, i thought you were reffering to my comment about "shallow people". didnt remember what i actually put and thought you were talking about me. okay nvm. i think ill call it a day

Oh no, it was never you lol

• 6 months later...

post-43353-1183067602_thumb.jpgpost-43353-1183067459_thumb.jpgI believe that everyone has missed the point of the thread about Camry vs ES350. The thing of importance is not cross-platform parts or shared frames, it is that Lexus dealership have better pastry and a better blend of coffee than Camry dealerships.

I bought an ES350 one week ago after thorough comparisons with not Camry but with Acura, Infiniti, BMW and Mercedes. The ES350 simply had more to offer at a better price. It has formful style, luxurious appointments and excellent electronic technology and safety.

The Camry looks nice but simply does not match the ES350 in overall ambiance. Besides, as I said before, Lexus dealerships have better refreshments.

It is like buying a Rolex! you can by a decent watch for $100 but some people are willing to pay $5000 or more for a Rolex! So why not pay $9000 and drive a lexus?

When you stop at a light how many Camrys do you see? and how many Lexuses? This is the differnce!

It is like buying a Rolex! you can by a decent watch for $100 but some people are willing to pay $5000 or more for a Rolex! So why not pay $9000 and drive a lexus?

When you stop at a light how many Camrys do you see? and how many Lexuses? This is the differnce!

I totally agree with Remas! I have seen a different type of respect you get all of a sudden due to the type of your car!

Not every car enthusiast is new at owning and driving a car. Believe it or not, there are a greater number of car enthusiasts who have passed that time of experience than those who still exist in their early years of enthusiasm.

For those who want to own and drive a high-power car bursting with sport’s car performance and road-hugging handling, don’t buy a Lexus ES350. Instead, buy a car you will be happy with such as a Porsche, BMW or Infiniti M. However, if you no longer are stimulated by an adrenalin rush to take a corner at high speed and then fly down the highway accelerating to red-line, look no further than the ES350.

The ES350 is an automobile rich in comfort, stylish in design, lavishly appointed and fully featured with advanced safety and technical features. In other words, it is a car for those who have matured beyond the age of youthful exuberance and want to be enveloped in a cocoon of luxury when they drive.

This persona does not mean that the ES350 is underpowered or sluggish. To the contrary, its V6 engine quickly propels the car from a full stop, cruises at highway speeds without effort and thrusts to pass on the interstate with gusto when peddled to the floor. It does all of these things quietly, with stability and exquisite smoothness.

Although it is not an automobile that stimulates the visceral senses, the ES350 is an automobile for those who want to possess a car of comfort and ambiance; a true luxury car at a reasonable cost.

This low cost is a direct result of the ES350 and the Toyota Camry being the recipients of a similar basic design and engineering. Don’t be fooled thinking that the Lexus is a fluffed-up Camry. It isn’t. It is a far different car whose features and characteristics were built to appeal to an entirely different segment of the buying public. This engineering technique has been successfully employed in many other fields including aviation.

The design, engineering, features, attributes and cost of the ES350 make it a fabulous buy within its class. I should know because I am well pleased to own one.

• Like 1

I dont get these guys who compare the ES350 to the camry...... It has nothing to do with the camry, everything feels more premium and diffrent. For god sakes anyone of you try holding the door of a camry then hold the door of the ES... The ES's door is MUCH heavier where the camry feels like plastic... the interior of the ES feels more luxurious where the camry feels down right to earth cheap. Also the engines of the LEXUS feels more powerful and the feeling you get when driving it is unqiue, the fact that in an ES you are isolated from the outside as opposed to the camry is enough prove they have nothing to do with each other.

It's like saying the Nissan Z is like the INFINITI G35 Coupe..... or the QX is like the Armada...

People who compare an ES350 to a camry could either be people who cant afford it or feel sorry that they did not own it and so compare it to a camry.

• 2 weeks later...
I dont get these guys who compare the ES350 to the camry...... It has nothing to do with the camry, everything feels more premium and diffrent. For god sakes anyone of you try holding the door of a camry then hold the door of the ES... The ES's door is MUCH heavier where the camry feels like plastic... the interior of the ES feels more luxurious where the camry feels down right to earth cheap. Also the engines of the LEXUS feels more powerful and the feeling you get when driving it is unqiue, the fact that in an ES you are isolated from the outside as opposed to the camry is enough prove they have nothing to do with each other.

It's like saying the Nissan Z is like the INFINITI G35 Coupe..... or the QX is like the Armada...

People who compare an ES350 to a camry could either be people who cant afford it or feel sorry that they did not own it and so compare it to a camry.

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum, and an 07 es 350 owner for 3 months!

Actually, to my eye the "looks" of the camry are similar to the ES. Which is a compliment to the Camry I think!

My experience may be of interest to some. I went from a 04 XJR to my new ES. All I gave up was HP/Torque (and a WHOLE lot of it). The XJR was crazy fast.

But the luxury experience is completely comparable.

I miss the adaptive cruise control of the XJR. It was light years better than the adaptive cruise on our sienna minivan, which I rarely use. I used it on the XJR road trips all the time.

I want the Levinson, but couldn't get it. Only with the UL roof which I don't personally care for. The stock premium stereo is close to the XJRs, so no real complaints. (I do miss the XJR seats, which fit me really well--but a lot of people wouldn't like their narrow sport contours.)

To think that the same luxury options for $50k less is incredible. The ES is a great value.

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum, and an 07 es 350 owner for 3 months!

Actually, to my eye the "looks" of the camry are similar to the ES. Which is a compliment to the Camry I think!

My experience may be of interest to some. I went from a 04 XJR to my new ES. All I gave up was HP/Torque (and a WHOLE lot of it). The XJR was crazy fast.

But the luxury experience is completely comparable.

I miss the adaptive cruise control of the XJR. It was light years better than the adaptive cruise on our sienna minivan, which I rarely use. I used it on the XJR road trips all the time.

I want the Levinson, but couldn't get it. Only with the UL roof which I don't personally care for. The stock premium stereo is close to the XJRs, so no real complaints. (I do miss the XJR seats, which fit me really well--but a lot of people wouldn't like their narrow sport contours.)

To think that the same luxury options for $50k less is incredible. The ES is a great value.

It's really nice to hear that you can compare a Jaguar XJR to an ES350. Pricewise, the comparison should be between an XJR to a Lexus LS460.

I agree that the ES350 is a good deal. :)

Well, from a "luxury / amenities" comparison it is really true. Right down to the rear window shade.

The only really noticeable difference on luxury is this: the seat leather quality was really superior on the XJR. BUT the XJR did not have cooled seats, only heated (the heated steering wheel was also really nice).

The XJR does / did have reclining rear seats--but that doesn't work well unless you have the extended "SUPER 8". Just not enough cabin room to use the recline in basic wheelbase high performance XJR platform.

So yeah, it really is true. The loaded ES 350 compares well to the XJR luxury wise. And keep in mind, I had 70k on the XJR, so I'd really lived with the vehicle. So far I've logged 5k in the ES 350.

Bottom line--what I really gave up in the switch was performance. The XJR had approx 400hp and 400torque. But in truth I burnt a few mustangs, bmws, etc---and didn't use the performance much else. It's not like it is a track car. Just straight line go fast, very fast.

So for me, in the end equation, the "go fast" sedan became more of a useless status badge than a real benefit. I'll probably get a track car down the road for the hi-po stuff.

In the meantime I think the ES 350 is an unprecedented value. I'm still surprised there aren't better reviews for this vehicle.

I was reading about the two new models and they are so similar, besides the LexusES 350 having more refinement, the Camry is very similar.. It is very sad that Lexus does this. I would not pay 9,000 more for a car that is so close this time to the Camry, that it is a shame.

I took this quote from Money Magazine, April 2006 page 113.

Don't be Hoodwinked by What's on the Hood

Lexus ES 350. Same Engine same platform, different tuning. The 33,000 Lexus also has more soundprofing and wood trim, plus a fancier stereo, thatn the 24,000 Camry. Save 9,000 Toyota Camry SEV6

C. PR

I'm a new member. not sure if I'm doing this right, but here goes! I've owned camry's before. My last one was top of the line everything. I recently purchased a 2007 ES350. I know the cars seem simular, But there's a big difference. There's also some good reviews out about the new ES350. I just sold a 2002 SC430 to buy this car. I would compare this new Lexus ES350 more to the LS430 than a camry. If you read the specs, This car has a longer and wider wheel base than the ES300, or the ES330. Plus a totally new engine with 272 HP. Everything about this car is luxury. I think it's worth the money. Ronp

• 8 years later...

Hello corky, in re-designing your car rather than wood trim, etc, you can also add new Carpeting to your car to make its look good. You could get the carpet from a car wrecker, or go to someone who does car upholstery and get them to replace it or supply the carpet. House carpet is quite different to car carpet, its thinner an bends and stretches to go around curves, far more easily than house carpet. I've installed new Custom Made Carpets in my 96 corolla, that were not factory molded, and I believe that it came out very nice using automotive spray adhesive, a razor blade, and two rolls of black automotive carpet from walmart.

• 2 months later...

I have owned two Camrys, a 2002 XLE,and a 2007 SE, and two Lexus's, a 2004 ES330 and a 2009 ES350. I had all sorts of mechanical problems with the Camrys, with as few miles as 40K on each. The valve cover on the 2002 Camry started leaking at 25K miles, the rear one that is expensive to get to and replace, for example. I had an oil line break on the 2007 SE, spewing oil all over the engine compartment. I had warped rotors on the 2002 and an engine vibration on the 2007 after having the battery replaced. I know, these are not major problems, but I have no issues with either Lexus. Add to that the refinements of the Lexus, the added features and so on, it's well worth the cost difference. And yes, not to mention the panache of owning a Lexus versus one of the most populous, i.e., common cars on the highway. I will say this, however, Camry or Lexus, these cars are hard to beat and are still the most reliable cars on the market.