The Es 350 And The Camry Almost Identical

cardona6569

wow sorry i got everone so mad. The remark was made to dcfish, and whats this i don't take care of my car? How do know? If its about the thread of my dent in the hood, my ex wife did that. Car is maintained by the book, I just got divorced, dent will get fixed. Divorce is not cheap.

timothy

I don't know anything about any dent or your ex. I was just responding to you saying that "I go to this site to learn how to care for my Lexus es 330."

You come here to learn how to take care of your car and I come here to learn more about fixing mine.

No hard feelings and remember; To Each, His Own. :)

you chased me away from this site, this is stupid.

timothy

Timothy,

Why? I think you're totally misunderstanding what everybody is saying. Nobody is saying anything to or about you...

Timothy LoL! I aint even read any of the stuff u two were talking about.

Chill bro. I'm simply saying that I love "To each, His own".

Like TnLex13 told you. No hard feelings. LoL!

(This is a pretty blunt forum. So don't immediately take something the wrong way. If someone were wanting to insult you, they'd likely break the forum rules & do so. Then be in trouble.)

This may be true, but when someone asks you what you drive, what sounds better... a toyota or a lexus?

I would opt for the camry over the es, That being said I wouldn't buy a es anyway. If your going to buy a lexus get a gs or ls.

I stand by my post. If I decide I want to buy a camry over a es, That is my business/choice/opinion as to what I would do with my $$$. I own a es, That is not why I wouldnt buy another. If I want to buy a lexus it is my choice to choose which one I want. I would buy a ls and a gs. That's all, No biggy !!! My next car will be a ls, Not a es or a is or a gs. (So now that I have offended 3 seperate forums i guess i will have to buy the ls and be limited). :D :cheers: ;)

LISTTMF

If I decide I want to buy a camry over a es, That is my business/choice/opinion

A few days ago while on the freeway I thought I saw a brand new 2007 ES pass me by. I accelerated to catch up with it so I could get a better look. As I got closer I thought it might be an Infiniti M45 instead of an ES. Then when I got really close, look at what it turned out to be: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/cam.jpg

I completely agree with dcfish.

25K hybrid is a nice deal. 25K is buying you a drivetrain that, until the battery runs out, is on paper better than the older stock v6's. While missing some things, has better equipment packages than the older cars. Apparently we're never getting clean burning turbo diesel's here for me to modify... So yay hybrids! LoL! Unlike the damned Prius. In a couple of years, they'll be so many f'ing Camry platform i4 hybrids that it won't cost them so much to make & install the hybrid drivetrain. So it could actually wind up paying for itself before you ditch the car.

It'll be the OEM version of walking into the junkyard looking for a Civic D, or Toyota S block. You just show them the $120 bucks & they'll know you want either a D, or S engine to bring out.

ES > Camry XLE - Camry XLE is a moneypit VS the baseline ES. (Even an Avalon to some extent.)

ES VS low-mid tier Camry? Sorry... I don't make 60K+ a year. I'd take the Camry every day of the week & laugh at the depreciation on the ES.

As that example shows, ES VS anything short of a Camry XLE isn't even in the same market segment. Big difference in an 18-25,000 market and a 32-38,000 market.

I never liked the idea of brand new cars anyways. 1st year depreciation is too hardcore for my savings account.

I stand by my post. If I decide I want to buy a camry over a es, That is my business/choice/opinion as to what I would do with my $$$. I own a es, That is not why I wouldnt buy another. If I want to buy a lexus it is my choice to choose which one I want. I would buy a ls and a gs. That's all, No biggy !!! My next car will be a ls, Not a es or a is or a gs. (So now that I have offended 3 seperate forums i guess i will have to buy the ls and be limited). :D :cheers: ;)

LISTTMF

Like I said, you might want to drive an ES built this century before you make that determination. The current ES, let alone the 07 is worlds superior to your 93. That experience can't be a baseline for an experience with a modern car, its too old.

But, your opinion is your opinion. What you cannot do however is come into the ES forum saying things like "if you're going to buy a Lexus, buy a GS or LS". That goes from voicing your opinion to insinuating that the ES is not worth purchasing and that those who have purchased it "cheaped out" by not buying the more expensive cars. Just because something doesn't suit your needs doesn't mean its not worth purchasing. Like I said the GS doesn't appeal to me at all and I absolutely would never buy one, but you don't see me cramming that down everybody else's throat or saying its not worth purchasing when I post on the GS forum. Thats just rude. Even saying "I would buy an LS or GS instead"is fine. Allthough since the GS is $10,000 more than the ES and the LS is $30,000 more than the ES not a lot of people just "decide" to buy an LS instead.

What you're doing is posting flamebait, and that won't be tolerated. If you can't handle that, you can try your luck on other Lexus forums but I don't think you'll get anywhere with them either.

ES VS low-mid tier Camry? Sorry... I don't make 60K+ a year. I'd take the Camry every day of the week & laugh at the depreciation on the ES.

As that example shows, ES VS anything short of a Camry XLE isn't even in the same market segment. Big difference in an 18-25,000 market and a 32-38,000 market.

But like you said, you're talking about two totally different vehicles that cater to two totally different markets. Nobody cross shops a low tier Camry with an ES.

LISTTMF

Like I said, you might want to drive an ES built this century before you make that determination. The current ES, let alone the 07 is worlds superior to your 93. That experience can't be a baseline for an experience with a modern car, its too old.

But, your opinion is your opinion. What you cannot do however is come into the ES forum saying things like "if you're going to buy a Lexus, buy a GS or LS". That goes from voicing your opinion to insinuating that the ES is not worth purchasing and that those who have purchased it "cheaped out" by not buying the more expensive cars. Just because something doesn't suit your needs doesn't mean its not worth purchasing. Like I said the GS doesn't appeal to me at all and I absolutely would never buy one, but you don't see me cramming that down everybody else's throat or saying its not worth purchasing when I post on the GS forum. Thats just rude. Even saying "I would buy an LS or GS instead"is fine. Allthough since the GS is $10,000 more than the ES and the LS is $30,000 more than the ES not a lot of people just "decide" to buy an LS instead.

What you're doing is posting flamebait, and that won't be tolerated. If you can't handle that, you can try your luck on other Lexus forums but I don't think you'll get anywhere with them either.

But like you said, you're talking about two totally different vehicles that cater to two totally different markets. Nobody cross shops a low tier Camry with an ES.

I am not discouraging anyone from buying an es, Semanticaly , My post's are misunderstood, I understand that you don't care for my opinion, It doesn't bother me that you are feeling that way. That is the truth. You shouldn't take my typed word too personally. If I thought the es was the car for me I would have 2 of them. The wife likes her es, It is just not the car for me and the probability of my opinion changing is nill. So I don't have a issue with anyone owning any lexus..... But I do think that you are leaning on me for reasons unknown. I know - I am wrong and your right. That is fine, We all have our opinions/choices and excersizing them is perfectly within any/all rules/boundries on these forums.

LISTTMF

I don't care about your opinion at all.

This statement:

If your going to buy a lexus get a gs or ls.

When posted on the ES forum is innapropriate and its just asking for a flamewar. Be more respectful of others when phrasing your opinions in the future.

I don't care about your opinion at all.

This statement:

If your going to buy a lexus get a gs or ls.

Is innapropriate and its just asking for a flamewar. Be more respectful of others when phrasing your opinions in the future.

Will do, With mutuallity. It was not meant to flamewar in any Way, Shape or Form.

While I was recently shopping for my next car, two of my finalists were an '03 Camry V6 XLE and an ES300, either '02 or '03 (due to the high ES resale prices). I liked both vehicles a lot, they were comfortable, well-made, luxurious (okay, the ES more so). At first I was leaning toward the Camry. The Camry actually had better pick-up, no noticable lag, but after driving it for over an hour I didn't like it as much. I felt like it was just an ordinary car, and it wasn't much different from the 98 Bonneville I was leaving. I also thought that the exterior was not attractive enough - a little TOO sedate and plain. When I went back to try the ES, it felt worlds apart from the Camry. Definitely nicer looking, a little more rakish or sporty, and I like the fact that the newer ones are basically the same exterior as the '02/'03 (My body is not obsolete yet :D). The ride was much smoother, and the handling felt more precise. The luxury features just made me feel pampered. The real California walnut wood trim was gorgeous, instead of nice imitation plastic wood that other makes use. The '02 ES300 that I liked the best had 23,400 miles on it and was only $3,500 more than the '03 Camry XLE with 35,000 miles. I decided it was a no-brainer, and went with the ES. Even my teenage son noticed the difference in the rides between the two and wanted me to go with the ES. He said it felt like he was "cocooned or in a cockpit". For once I understood him :P . The Camry was a nice car, the ES was special. They might share some parts, but they are certainly not the same car. I do think that the newest Camries are much nicer looking, an update of the exterior was needed IMHO.

It is interesting that my grown daughter often hears this same argument about her '03 Acura CL vs the Honda Accord coupe - that the Accord coupe is cheaper and virtually the same. These people haven't driven the two to make an accurate comparison (especially in the back seat!). We did. When you drive both and compare, there are very obvious differences and the Acura comes out the winner. And a loaded Accord coupe would've cost more than the Acura CL, which comes with almost all of its amenities standard. I do think these neersayers are either 1) jealous or 2) ignorant. They just have no experience with what they're talking about.

• 6 months later...

I currently own an 07 Camry XLE V6 w/ Nav, Reverse Camera & Remote Start ($29,000) & a 1998 ES300 Coach Edition.

In comparison of the 07 ES350 to the Camry - I love my camry, but the ride of the ES350 is much smoother, and the Mark Levinson sound system is much better than that of the camry. Plus the exterior is much more refined, lines are smoother & overall it is a much nicer car in my opinion than the Camry. If i could have afforded the ES, I definately would have gotten one, but with a new house, it was a wiser decision to get the camry, ($11,000 less MSRP) & all the same options I would get on the Camry as the ES saves me tons a month in car payments!

Hopefully in a fews years i'll be in the position to upgrade to the GS450H! - Now that car is FAST & I love the styling!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I own an '03 Camry LE (believe it or not... with a manual transmission). We love it, and have no complaints. It serves as my wife's daily driver. In fact, if I didn't urge her to consider trading, I'm sure she would be content to drive around in it for many years.

This weekend we made our first visit to a Lexus dealer. I had been leaning toward the more sporty IS or GS. Once we sat in several different models, we realized that the ES was a better choice for us. Mostly because of the extra space inside. Particularly in the IS, the leg room for the rear passengers seemed cramped (even for little passengers, like ours). We had some other things on our schedule, so we didn't have time to test drive any of the cars. However, nothing about any of those cars was at all similar to our Camry. Granted, our Camry is three years old, and is one of the most base trim levels available. But, for us, our move to a Lexus next year will be a huge step.

The IS is extremely small up front, forget about the back. I agree about the overall size.

However, I have grown to like the new GS' interior better than the new ES. If next summer for some reason I can't do the LS460 I want to do, I may opt for a GS350 AWD. I've tried to warm up to the new ES350s interior, but I just can't.

I've tried to warm up to the new ES350s interior, but I just can't.

I don't know, I could get awful used to this! :P

LexusES350001.jpg

LexusES350002.jpg

Frankly, all the Lexus models are such a sensory overload that I have problems getting to a point where I can compare them. Another good thing about the ES is that it offers a more comfortable looking center/rear seat than the others (at least that's my initial impression). I doubt we will need to move all five of us in my wife's car, but it would be nice to have the capability.

Nice piccy. I didn't realize they moved the ES to a 3 spoke wheel too.

And for no reason other than to horrify everyone. I just saw a post on Toyotanation showing an '06 4 cylinder SE Camry optioned out to $37,000, winding up over 40K. Crazy *BLEEP*.