Purchasing Rx350--what Color To Choose?

Well, we have just initiated the purchase of the RX350 and now I need to decide on color! I know I want black leather interior but am having a hard time deciding which exterior color would be best with black interior. It's hard to pick based on the little color samples in the brochure and our dealer only has silver in stock (I know I definitely want either Flint Mica, Black or Crystal White Pearl). Can anyone explain what the Flint Mica looks like "in person" (is it really a dark grey?). Also, any thoughts on whether black interior and Crystal White Pearl exterior would be too much of a contrast? I am afraid the black will always look dirty, especially with salt from the roads during the winters. I know color is a personal choice but does anyone have any feedback on this DILEMMA? :wacko:

I prefer white cars that was why I bought my RX in Crystal White Pearl. It has a nice shine, pearl-like hence the name. I have the grey interior however I am not sure if the black interior was a choice if you pick white for the exterior. It was either grey or beige for me when I bought it last year. So maybe that might help narrow down the list for the exterior colors. The Flint Mica is like charcoal if I had to describe it. Very very dark grey. Hope this helps a bit.

I prefer white cars that was why I bought my RX in Crystal White Pearl. It has a nice shine, pearl-like hence the name. I have the grey interior however I am not sure if the black interior was a choice if you pick white for the exterior. It was either grey or beige for me when I bought it last year. So maybe that might help narrow down the list for the exterior colors. The Flint Mica is like charcoal if I had to describe it. Very very dark grey. Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for the response. The choices in Canada for the Crystal White are black and ivory only, no grey. Since there is so much black on the dashboard already, I thought black might look better than ivory. I'm leaning more and more to the white since it looks "cleaner" but this will be my 5th white car in a row!! (creature of habit I guess)

White exteriors resist paint fading better than any other color. All of our vehicles over the past ten years or so have been white. And it's usually easier to sell a white vehicle because white has remained at or near the top of the preferred color list for many, many years....

nooooooo i didnt get a chance to put in my opinion lol

i have the Flint Mica and the black leather, and its absolutely great...*drool*...too late, well im sure you made the right decision anyways

I'll was going to recommend flint mica as well, I'd have bought that color if the dealer had it in stock. To me, flint mica doesn't look dark grey, it has a blueish tinge to it.

nooooooo i didnt get a chance to put in my opinion lol

i have the Flint Mica and the black leather, and its absolutely great...*drool*...too late, well im sure you made the right decision anyways

I'll was going to recommend flint mica as well, I'd have bought that color if the dealer had it in stock. To me, flint mica doesn't look dark grey, it has a blueish tinge to it.

depends on the sun light hitting against it. It really is a beautiful color, with a green/blue tint added to the charcoal backcolor. I dont regret making my choice, though maybe black would have been a good choice too. I seem to like the dark colors...and a dark interior will (look or) last longer

It was really a tough decision. The flint mica is very cool looking--unusual color--and of course black (when new and clean!) is great. Decided on the white mostly so that I can go longer without washing it. :) Anyway, can't wait for it to arrive.

White is actually the easiest exterior color to keep clean. White surfaces reflect almost all of the light striking them and as a result, your eyes are "blinded" enough so that you don't see much of the surface dirt and dust that would stand out like a sore thumb on a dark exterior.

Once you own a white exterior, you'll quickly realize that the amount of time you spend on attempting to keep the vehicle looking relatively clean can be drastically reduced. Unless you really enjoy washing and drying your vehicles every few days, a white exterior can be your best friend as far as car care is concerned....

Having gone from a white vehicle to a dark burgundy vehicle...RX is right lol.

Get white.

Or silver, although everybody has a silver car nowadays its probably the only car that stays cleaner looking than white or beige.

• 4 weeks later...

OK...The bulllet has been bit. The new RX350--Crystal White Pearl with black interior has been ordered and in a week I'll be cruising in it!

Congrats - I love white cars and think you made a good choice!

OK...The bulllet has been bit. The new RX350--Crystal White Pearl with black interior has been ordered and in a week I'll be cruising in it!

Congrats - I love white cars and think you made a good choice!

White is a great choice! I have a black silversport and I personally think it's the most luxurious color, when it's clean. The keyword being "clean". The problem with black is that it's hard to keep clean, as you previously mentioned. Additionally, the dings and nicks stand out easily.

I've said this on other forums and now I will say it here..as nicely as I can say it.

This is YOUR car, you shouldn't be asking US for YOUR color choice decision

YOU have to live with it, so what someone's 1st choice may be someone else's last choice.

If it's such a dilemma go to a large dealer at look at all of them. They should have most color combos in stock, they do here

Make up your own mind, it's your 40+K and it should be your choice without comments from the peanut gallery

I took delivery of an 07 RX350 on March 13th. I'll agree with those that have suggested white. I many cars and White is by far cleaner looking than all others. As much as I like black, it's tuff to keep clean and every dent or swirl mark show up.

Oh, our is crystal white with tan interior and chrome wheels. My wife loves it.

Kris

I've said this on other forums and now I will say it here..as nicely as I can say it.

This is YOUR car, you shouldn't be asking US for YOUR color choice decision

YOU have to live with it, so what someone's 1st choice may be someone else's last choice.

If it's such a dilemma go to a large dealer at look at all of them. They should have most color combos in stock, they do here

Make up your own mind, it's your 40+K and it should be your choice without comments from the peanut gallery